Encore 2

HMD

Hummingbird

On and on and on

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show! Got there at 7:15 and there were already 200-300 people waiting outside. Just as we were taking our place at the back of the line some lovely people came by and informed us that anyone with blue tickets, from the pre-order, could go to the front of the line and go on in!!! Which meant I got to stand right in front of Pat and John for probably the best Wilco show I have seen.

I was surprised to see show much Being There, it all sounded great. But I did about a triple take when John handed Jeff the bass and picked up an acoustic guitar. Just That Simple was fantastic and I commented to my wife that I wondered if they were doing it because John's family was here. And sure enough after the song Jeff said that it was for John's dad. Thank you John's dad.

Anyway, great show. During Hate it Here, Pat busted out a telephone on the checked the phone lines, much laughter all around. May have some photos later, have to see if any are decent.

Oh and the first song of the second encore was going to be Box Full of Letters according to the setlist, but the played Heavy Metal Drummer.

Kent

The 8 year old kid I was standing next to had one hell of a birthday...

How long has it been since the last time John sang "Just That Simple" with Wilco?

And does anybody know why those of us w/ blue tickets had them? Was it because of preorder? That was a sweet surprise getting to go in first.

Anyways, awesome show, sound was great, loving the large doses of A.M. and BT we got tonight.

While John sounded really good--he did sing the song on a fairly regular basis at Autumn Defense shows--the oddest part was seeing Jeff on bass (just like back in the Uncle Tupelo days). John even made the comment after the show that Jeff looked good with a Jazzmaster in his hands. As for Jeff, he was definitely smiling to himself and the crowd during the song. He sort of looked like he wasn't sure what to do with himself at first. He turned his back at one point and sort of drifted in Pat's direction before getting his feet back under him. Hopefully somebody snapped a good picture. :yes

I'm really liking these setlists! :thumbup

stevietheb, what a great shot of John...love the b/w. :yes

I did just wake up -- I must be dreaming!

OK, I'm awake now. It's still there. It was late when I read this last night & I wasn't sure if my mind was playing tricks on me or not! :stunned

I can't wait for the recording to hear John again, that was the highlight of the night.

Was anyone else standing on the right side of the stage when Dr. Dog was playing and the wasp was on Frank's guitar? That was intense! "I thought my guitar was cutting me" That made me cringe. Dr. Dog had a great set, perfect opener for Wilco. Who else thinks Scott McMicken looks like a miniature Britt Daniel?