2007.09.14 dallas

It's Just that simple.....I never thought I'd see that one pop up!!

thanks for the update.

My jaw hit the floor...my face still hurts from the big grin.

Jeff played the bass on that on and John palyed acoustic.

After the song was over (sublime) Jay said it was sent out to John's dad.

Added to this treat was Too Far Apart.

Pretty damn good night for D-man's first ever rock show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the recording to hear John again, that was the highlight of the night.

Was anyone else standing on the right side of the stage when Dr. Dog was playing and the wasp was on Frank's guitar? That was intense! "I thought my guitar was cutting me" That made me cringe. Dr. Dog had a great set, perfect opener for Wilco. Who else thinks Scott McMicken looks like a miniature Britt Daniel?

I was standing with D-man by the column at stage right. He was grinning from ear to ear till he started yawning around 10:30

Wow.....that was a fantastic show! I was in the front row in front of John and Pat and was blown away the whole night. The entire band seemed to have a wonderful time, the venue was nice, and the crowd was great in my opinion. All the surprises have been mentioned already so I won't repeat them. Jeff did mention Glen's new drumset. Or as he put it "Wonder Woman's drumset". Below is a picture of it. During Misunderstood Jeff may have said "nothing" 30+ times, it seemed to go on for awhile and I lost track. Even though Box Full of Letters was omitted from the set, the guitar from the video made it to the stage and was plugged in. A roadie yelled something to the Jeff's guitar tech, and he changed it out. At least I saw the guitar. Along with the Wonder Woman drumset photo, here are a few other pics from the show.

Wilco_021.jpg

Wilco_034.jpg

Wilco_051.jpg

Wilco_030.jpg

this was my first wilco show and they completely blew me away. i had chills during misunderstood (my fiance counted 35 nothings) and almost blew through the roof during spiders. it may be blasphemy around these parts, but i am more of a fan of the yankee hotel, ghost is born period and would love to heard more off of ghost, but anything you get from these guys is fantastic. so professional and solid throughout. and although i didn't really care much for it before, they gave us drummer, which took on a whole new meaning after seeing glen live, cause i too, fell in love wiith him. tweedy read a marriage proposal onstage and i turned to my future wife and said dammit i didn't know you could get engaged at a wilco show. anyway a great night, and thanks for the link key of c.

i knew i would be kicking myself for not going to this but driving to dallas and back just wasn't in the cards. luckily i had a really fantastic night in austin which almost makes up for the fact that they freakin' played it's just that simple. uughhh...it's so hard wanting to be in 2 or 3 places at once!

Fantastic!! And I love that the pre-order folks got to go up front. Wilco rocks.

The more I read about this and think about it, the more pissed I get.

I ordered my tickets about a month ago by clicking on the link on the Wilcoworld website.

What the fuck does a brutha have to do...LOL

The show is on bt.etree.org now.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=509535

Thanks to nakguy!!!! :worship

Damn but I wish I did torrent (or even understood how to make it work).

Suppose it would be really bad form to look for a YSI?

I know d-man would dig it

The more I read about this and think about it, the more pissed I get.I ordered my tickets about a month ago by clicking on the link on the Wilcoworld website.
That's what I did, but I was on their as soon as they were available. I ended up cutting in front of about 100 people (at least). Sorry...
Is there anyway someone can post this to another tracker? I haven't used dime in a loooong time (like over a year), and it appears that my acct was deleted.Thanks!
The show is on bt.etree.org now.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=509535

Thanks to nakguy!!!! :worship

Jammin' to this right now (in the midst of encoding it in Apple Lossless and watching Tom Brady dismantle the Chargers). Great recording so far! I'd still like to hear the other recording...if someone could put it up somewhere other than Dime.

Thanks!

I haven't listened to the entire show, but what I have listened to is an absolute treat. What a nice crowd over there in Dallas. :cheers I feel good vibes through my earbuds....

Just because I hate to have items in iTunes that don't have album artwork, I created a little cover for this show. It's not fantastic, but it goes along with the wilcoworld look and it features a photo taken by my wife. AND, it should print out decent enough...I believe it's the right size (maybe I'm wrong)...at 300ppi...so hopefully it won't look too bad on paper.

Enjoy!

dallascdcover.jpg

Nice looking art - haven't printed it, so can't say on size, but visually - well done!

Ian

Thanks. I just thought it was a decent looking shot of John and Pat (because of our position, it wasn't really possible to get a shot of all band members). And, like I said, I kind of stole the look from wilcoworld.net.