Tasered Student

you're like the queen of erroneous arguments. no one cares why they acted that way, simply that they did.

A comedian on stage 15 years ago has nothing to do with today's society. That borat dude got his ass kicked at least once for his shtick. I'm guessing somewhere along the line Kaufman did as well. If you want to rock the boat you have to be prepared to take some hits. If you want to bring electronic performance art to an airport expect to get locked up. That math on any of this stuff isn't all that complicated.

So, it

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really are an idiot beyond comprehension.

If you want to rock the boat you have to be prepared to take some hits.

How is it so different? You're offended by their behavior, correct - the way they comported themselves - correct?

I'm not offended by anything. I think you're a douche which is entirely different.

You want to compare a guy resisting arrest with being gay? so you see homosexuality as a crime. That's a pretty sad viewpoint.

I see two people who broke laws. One walked away peacefully and didn't get tased. One resisted further and did. There's a moral here kids.

I'm not offended by anything. I think you're a douche which is entirely different.

You want to compare a guy resisting arrest with being gay? so you see homosexuality as a crime. That's a pretty sad viewpoint.

I see two people who broke laws. One walked away peacefully and didn't get tased. One resisted further and did. There's a moral here kids.

And yet you and others continue to claim he deserved what he got not only because he resisted arrest, but because he

oy. no one said that. what was said was that he got kicked off the podium for not following the rules, he got arrested for not following other rules, and he got zapped for ignoring yet another set of rules.

incidentally I ran the douche comment by narc mod M. Chris and she felt it was applicable in this instance. Thanks Chris!

You

I'm not gonna read through all the jackoffery spirited debate on here, but I'm beginning to think that "Tasered Student" would be a good name for a fledgling punk band.

did Simpson mention "bomb" at the airport? i hadn't heard of that. and according to her story, it was art she made to stand out on career day, not "performance art" for anyone's sake at the airport.

It doesn't matter whether or not she said bomb at the airport. She put something on her shirt which looked like a bomb and wore it TO A FUCKING AIRPORT. Do your performance art at the fucking park, not at the place where people are perhaps more sensitive to such a situation than anywhere else in America.

that's one scenario, another possibility is that it wasn't "performance art" but a tech-student's way of decorating their sweatshirt, totally unrelated to bombs or air travel.

Well, if you're a fucking bomb maker, common sense dictates that you don't fucking put something that looks like what you do on your shirt when you wear it to the fucking airport.

that's one scenario, another possibility is that it wasn't "performance art" but a tech-student's way of decorating their sweatshirt, totally unrelated to bombs or air travel.

Do you really believe that, or are you just being a contrarian? Look. I know teenagers can be dumb - (sorry, kids) I was one once - and getting into a school like MIT is no guarantee of intelligence. But I cannot fathom how anyone could not think they might cause a ruckus walking into an airport with something like that around her neck. And how do you explain the playdough? Even if her intent was totally innocent, which I will never believe, she should do a year or so in the pen. Maybe she'll learn something about common sense.

Well, if you're a fucking bomb maker, common sense dictates that you don't fucking put something that looks like what you do on your shirt when you wear it to the fucking airport.

i could be wrong, but there's no evidence that the student was a 'bomb-maker', and while i don't blame information calling it in, from my point of view (having only seen military bombs and the kinds in the movies) i wouldn't call it a dead ringer for an explosive. there's a duracell battery connected by two wires to a small rectangular board. it's strange and suspicious, but since it appears to function as the 'art' she mentioned: decoration for career day, and not function as an explosive or copy any general design for a real explosive, there's enough doubt in my mind to say maybe she's innocent.

I just read parts of the last page and a half of this thread, and must have missed the link to the first chapter of a book that would clearly summarize one side of whatever argument is currently going on. Could someone repost said link?