Tasered Student

In Canada, our politicians have no real security so they just take matters into their own hands. (Or get their wife to whack the guy on the head with a soapstone carving.)

chretien-strangle.jpg

Jean was pretty badass. :lol

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the alternatives when someone is resisting? Shooting them with a gun? Clubbing them with batons? Theren were 4-5 cops on him and he still would not cooperate. He needed to be tased to incapacitate him.

They would have done what police officers have been doing for eons - grabbed his hand and pulled it close enough to the other and then slapped on the cuffs. Police are trained on how to do this, this hand grabbing thing. This was a standard police takedown

It wouldn't be too far a stretch to think that others will think twice before challenging their leaders after watching this video, and that, I think, is unfortunate.

If by "others" you mean "other douchebags with inflated egos and attention whore attitudes", then I'm all for it.

9 pages to come up with that they need additional training. No wonder this country is so utterly fucked up. I'd taser you if you weren't some internet invention.

Awesome, thanks for the constructive contribution to the ongoing discussion.

9 pages to come up with that they need additional training. No wonder this country is so utterly fucked up. I'd taser you if you weren't some internet invention.

That made me smile, although it shouldn't.

They would have done what police officers have been doing for eons - grabbed his hand and pulled it close enough to the other and then slapped on the cuffs. Police are trained on how to do this, this hand grabbing thing. This was a standard police takedown
It would have been nice if the guy would have been cooperative and allowed the cops to put his hands behind his back so they could cuff him, too, but apparently he was not cooperative. If only the cops had a tool to use on uncooperative suspects who refuse to follow directions....

They do, it

Ben Dover?

Would pepper spray have been a better option? Or a truncheoning?

Would pepper spray have been a better option? Or a truncheoning?

Neither.

Look, why are we all acting as if the only recourse here was the use of some extemporaneous device? The cops had him down, on the ground, under control

See, that's the thing. He was on the ground, sure. But were the cops really in control? Did they feel they were in control? How did they know that this kid wasn't all highed up on PCP? Look, I see your point about tazing being a hazardous act and confess to being a bit impatient with grandstanding, impolite types like the gentleman we are discussing. Believe me, if newspaper editors had tasers, a lot of people might stand to get zapped. I just don't see this as a case of excessive force, and I do think he brought it upon himself, perhaps hoping that what happened would happen - him all over the news and people talking about it all over.