What's on your desktop?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky?

summer 2007. as part of my epic road trip i met a bunch of pals to do some camping outside of cave city, ky.

full disclosure: there is a rental car about 20 ft to the right of that tent. that is some strategic framing. :lol

basil: is that a calvin & hobbes widget of some kind?! :w00t

I still have the same one - Roger Waters hitting the gong - from the Live at Pompeii film.

Very cool. I love that film.

I was just there about three weeks ago. I have a picture just like this. When did you go?

i was up there in md August. was there snow up there when you went?

Yes, I do. My grandfather has a collection that he started 40-50 years ago. He's 85 now and has slowed down, so he let me do what I wanted with his business. I've been painstakingly digitizing all kinds of formats (from 35 mm to original glass plate negatives) for the past two years. We estimate he has something in the ballpark of 60K images, but I won't know until I am done. I've also been working on applying IPTC metadata, which is tedious. Growing up in a shipbuilding community (Marine City, Michigan), my gramps really has a thing for freighters and tugs. I have a thing for trains (I used to be a brakeman/switchman on the Grand Trunk Railroad). Luckily we have a ton of pictures that cover both of our interests.

Not that you asked all of that, but...

anyway,

dcd

those are some cool images. trains and divers. :thumbup