Little Rock, AR 9/18

I would like to see Wilco go the Pearl Jam route, in which fan club members get all the best seats (based upon seniority within the club)

Absolute snobbery...i dont have time or desire to operate within some fan club, that doesnt make me less of a fan and shouldnt impact my equal access to seats...

The problem lies with Ticketmaster and their agreements with 3rd party agents, not ticket buying fans...

Jobu

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some ways, meeting the VCers was the very best part. I love this place.

:yes

I also agree with everyone who said that Via Chicago was the highlight. I had never heard that one live (at least not in person) and was blown away by it.

I also agree with everyone who said that Via Chicago was the highlight. I had never heard that one live (at least not in person) and was blown away by it.

In response to the awesomeness of that song live, one of my companions for the show smiled and said, "I've been converted." My thoughts, "Awwww yeah, welcome to the church of Wilco, Sister!" :worship

:yes

:wub I think I love you more now than ever. Missed running into you after the show.

Absolute snobbery...i dont have time or desire to operate within some fan club, that doesnt make me less of a fan and shouldnt impact my equal access to seats...

The problem lies with Ticketmaster and their agreements with 3rd party agents, not ticket buying fans...

Jobu

Uhh... thanks for taking what I said out of context and adding your own interpretation of what was not even there. You do realize that "You can thank the fine folks at Ticketmaster (& their collusion w/ the ticket brokers) for that debacle." & "The problem lies with Ticketmaster and their agreements with 3rd party agents" are the same conclusions, no? I pointed out the only mechanism that I have knowledge of that has offered a solution to our shared conclusion of the problem. Got anything else absolute to offer?

Uhh... thanks for taking what I said out of context and adding your own interpretation of what was not even there. You do realize that "You can thank the fine folks at Ticketmaster (& their collusion w/ the ticket brokers) for that debacle." & "The problem lies with Ticketmaster and their agreements with 3rd party agents" are the same conclusions, no? I pointed out the only mechanism that I have knowledge of that has offered a solution to our shared conclusion of the problem. Got anything else absolute to offer?

Well glad we agree...absolutely...

Wasnt trying to be a dick, just thought your solution sucked...

jobu

Nothings worse than a nay-sayer who doesn't offer his own solution.

Not even sure I think theres even a problem to find a solution to...yeah there is collusion, but its not this huge conspiracy to screw fans, people get these seats...i never seem to have problems finding good tickets...there were several sets of good ticket availible on this board for face or best offer...

If youre going to try to convince me that bigger fans with 'seniority' should have first rights to better seats, you won't...if your a fan youre going to do what it takes to get the seats you want, not fret and bitch about how you lost out on seats to someone else...$40 for ANY seat to see wilco seems reasonable to me, and alot cheaper than what you'd pay for any big act...if you make out with great seats, terrific, but how many fans do you figure dont have the opportunity to see them at all...?

Never my intention to upset anyone...

jobu

Does anyone know if this show was recorded?

I saw a fella in the front row record the whole thing on some small video camera...i dont know what audio id expect...and you have to wonder if the guy'll share or not...but i guess theres hope...

jobu

I'd like to declare that I am saving up all of my available funds in the hopes that we might get a Tweedy solo show in or around Little Rock some time. I might actually get my partner out of the house for a Tweedy show. He passed on the full band experience because he's "worn out" on Wilco because of me. :rolleyes

I think attending a nice quiet solo show might bring him back into the Wilco fold. I'll cross my fingers and toes in hope that a solo show will make its way within our traveling range eventually. :peace

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I was on the 4th row center, but didn't get any cool shots.

I thought the show (which was my 3rd) was amazing...yes, there were a few (like maybe 5-10) folks towards the front not into the show, but most everyone I saw was up, moving/dancing, singing every line they knew, and having a great time. Glad they came to Little Rock finally.

I finally made it here! Its pigsooie's sister (hence the name). I had a great time at my first but definitely not my last show. Can't wait til next time!

Yay! Welcome...jump in the water's fine. :pirate :thumbup

p.s. Sorry for the bunny ears. :hmm Sooie told me to do it. :monkey