9/19/07 Columbia, Mo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Donna... sounds like a grand time was had by all :dancing

Roadtripping is such fun and to have Wilco at the end of the rainbow... just lovely :wub

I'm dying for another Wilco fix :blink Not that I'm jealous of all you fans... oh wait I'm just envy :lol

Can't wait to see all the pics...

At least reading about all the fun folks are having at all the shows... :rock

kinda helps the pain of not being there... ;)

This sounds like a great show!!!

Can you please go on and post a pic of Jeff's hat, cause I'm thinking about geting a new hat tomorrow, and I don't want to get the same one...

I had a very peculiar, though not unpleasant sleep side affect after this show. My body vibrated and levitated a few inches off the bed all night. Oh my, those Wlicos.

This sounds like a great show!!!Can you please go on and post a pic of Jeff's hat, cause I'm thinking about geting a new hat tomorrow, and I don't want to get the same one...

I have seen Jeff in many different hats, and this was the best by far.

everyone is exactly right. i loved every minute of this show. it was my first wilco concert without my ex, who introduced me to their music. so that was a bit hard to take, but i definately called him and rubbed it in his face that he had missed the best show i have ever seen! ha. can't wait for crossroads.

This sounds like a great show!!!

Can you please go on and post a pic of Jeff's hat, cause I'm thinking about geting a new hat tomorrow, and I don't want to get the same one...

Johnny, go with a beret. I don't think Jeff has one so that oughta be safe. :thumbup

Passenger Side...

you lucky bastards!

I must say, we and Jeff sang it excellently! :yes "Can you take us to the store, and then the bank? We've got about five dollars (between us) we can put in the tank.....(It's all in change, is that cool?)"

We infused the song with pathos and wheedling. Y'all woulda been proud. It was like we'd all been there!

I must say, we and Jeff sang it excellently! :yes "Can you take us to the store, and then the bank? We've got about five dollars (between us) we can put in the tank.....(It's all in change, is that cool?)"

We infused the song with pathos and wheedling. Y'all woulda been proud. It was like we'd all been there!

I was there.

Wow I wish I would have been!

Passenger Side always seems to turn up on really good shows for some reason.

The audience was all singing along and the band was eating it up, there wasn't a single person there who didn't enjoy the two hours and fifteen minutes the band played.

Well, unfortunately, I did have two young ladies come and stand behind me and TALK almost continuously starting somewhere around California Stars. WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????!!!!!!?????????

Well, unfortunately, I did have two young ladies come and stand behind me and TALK almost continuously starting somewhere around California Stars. WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????!!!!!!?????????

That's really unfortunate. This was the only show that I've been to in a long time where there wasn't some asshole making me want to resort to physical violence.

I also had to deal with a couple of drunken girls who pushed so hard against my back that I thought maybe a skin graft was what they were after. :realmad I pushed back firmly. That had only mildly successful results, so at the song break, I turned and said sweetly, "I'm sorry, but please don't press against me like that....I'm feeling really overheated and faint....like I might throw up...."

That seemed to back her up a bit! :thumbup

I was really hot, but not actually faint or queasy, but if I had been, when the moment came I would've turned & aimed for her shoes. (You've all been warned.:lol)

I've been to lots and lots of Wilco shows. When Jeff mentioned playing Columbia long before most of Wednesday's audience was born? I was there. This show was, without question, the best I've ever seen. Truly amazing.

Around 4:00 that afternoon, we were wandering around downtown and happened into sound check. The gates weren't up yet, so they were letting people come and go. Absolutely awesome! I'm not sure how much we missed, but we got to stand directly in front of the stage. Bonus: they played "Box Full of Letters", "Wishful Thinking", and "A Magazine Called Sunset". We got to exchange pleasantries with most of the band, and I scored an autographed drumstick from Glenn.

I was able to take quite a few photos, which was great because my photos of the actual show turned out horrible. Fine with me, because then I was able to quit obsessing about taking pictures and actually focus on the show. My sound check photos are here. And yes, Jeff was wearing the hat then, too. And I wrote about the experience at length here.

"Sky Blue Sky" was definitely the highlight for me. Well, one of many. "I Got You" was the song I'd requested at Roadcase, so that was a thrill, too. During sound check, I told (okay, hollered) Jeff that we'd come from Belleville to see them. When he dedicate SBS to the Bellevillians in attendance, I got a big nod and grin from him. I can't explain why it was so blissful. I guess it was a combination of a great song, acknowlegement, and shared experience.

The show was so damn good that it prompted me out of years of lurking on Via Chicago! That's pretty fucking good. :)

Can't wait for the KC show, although I have no idea how they'll top Columbia.

One last thing -- this show kicked the ass of the Millennium Park show in every way (and Jeff said so also). Most of the audience where I was in Chicago were busy checking their crackberries.
There are so many reasons NOT to play to 10,000 people. This certainly is one of them. Columbia is is certainly home base for Jeff in so many ways. Wish I could see a show there sometime.

LouieB

I've been to lots and lots of Wilco shows. When Jeff mentioned playing Columbia long before most of Wednesday's audience was born? I was there. This show was, without question, the best I've ever seen. Truly amazing.

Thank you for a great post, and great pics and a great blog.