Oh, man. "In My Life." Damn. :music

Tell me about it. That song is a masterpiece. Yet interestingly, I could have picked any number of their songs and they would have fit in with ction's first two.

Hey Bulldog

Day Tripper

Ticket to Ride

Dear Prudence

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Across the Universe

And more I am sure....

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer George and John's Solo records above the Beatles records the last couple years ,mostly George, but I'm sure I'll feel different again, that's what's great about The Beatles, Dylan, Bowie, Waits, etc. being a fan is being a fan for life, and some songs, eras you'll always hold in high requard, some will fall in and out of favor, but sure enough you return to them at a different stages and hear it with new ears, at least thats my experience.

wrong, Two Of Us, Rain & Don't Let Me Down would be the best

Wow. That's a hard trio to beat. "Don't Let Me Down" is probably my favorite Beatles tune, and I really love "Rain." Hadn't thought about "Two of Us," but there's no reason why that shouldn't be mentioned among the very best ... though personally, I'd probably replace it with the Let It Be...Naked version of "Across the Universe."

Got to love those Beatles tunes that get no credit: Hold Me Tight, All I've Got to Do, Not a Second Time, I'm a Loser, When I Get Home and one of my personal favorites I Don't Want to Spoil the Party (best harmonies in a Beatles tune "I still love her").

As far as underrated Beatles' songs go, "Anytime at All"...

But the all-time-top-5-underrated-Beatles-songs-of-all-time-at-this-moment-right-now-as im typing this-but are subject to change:

Long, Long, Long

Cry Baby Cry

Things We Said Today

No Reply

Oh Darling

You should thank Mr. Zimmerman for turning them on to marijuana.

That is all. :D

I agree it opened things up for them, at exactly the right time, although listening to Anthologies 2 and 3 makes it clear that by the White Album these guys were pretty much stoned 24/7, and although it led to the creation of some classic masterpieces, I think the over-indulgences also fed the Let it Be fiascoes and the increasingly introspective focus which ultimately dissolved the group dynamic. I'm not saying they shoulda laid off the weed, but I can't help but wonder what might have been had they been a little more moderate in its use.

Seems I've got some early Beatles catching up to do. I've got some compilations that cover early stuff and then most of the later albums. Can't believe I still don't have Rubber Soul. I do have that rather disappointing Love album. I thought the whole thing was going to be mash-ups, not 2 or 3 songs. BTW - putting the bird noises from the beginning of Across the Universe over the top of some other song is NOT a mash-up.