Radiohead- In Rainbows

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I blind?

Where are you all purching this?

EDIT: "purching" was a typo, but I like it, so I'm leaving it

i must be blind too, because i can't do anything on this page, except to click on 'radiohead' and go back to dead air space. what gives?

Try this guys:

store

Since the first poster didn't do so, the lazy people can look at the tracklisting here:

15 STEP

BODYSNATCHERS

NUDE

WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI

ALL I NEED

FAUST ARP

RECKONER

HOUSE OF CARDS

JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE

VIDEOTAPE

MK 1

DOWN IS THE NEW UP

GO SLOWLY

MK 2

LAST FLOWERS

UP ON THE LADDER

BANGERS AND MASH

4 MINUTE WARNING

I wonder where Spooks went...

Apparently the download version is only the first 10 songs.

Just to clarify: the first ten songs are the album. The pay-what-you-want, digital download includes only the album proper. The other eight songs are considered bonus material and right now only come with the eighty dollar box set. Also, it looks like the double-vinyl edition in the box set will only encompass the main ten songs, believe it or not -- the two CDs will contain both the album and the bonus tracks.

Digital download available starting October 10, box set will be shipped out around the beginning of December, regular old-fashioned CD distribution likely to happen in early 2008 (unknown if that would include the bonus songs).

Your best bet if you like Radiohead, like owning a physical CD, and don't feel like shelling out $80 -- pay what you want for the digital download today (it's nearly free, so why not?), then buy In Rainbows on CD when it comes out next year.

Yeah, a major worldwide act is offering their new album at any price the consumer is willing to pay. Yes, nothing weird at all.

Any price if you download it. $1.27 if you like. However, if you want a "hard copy" you get vinyl and CDs. For $80. Standard industry practice.

Just to clarify: the first ten songs are the album. The pay-what-you-want, digital download includes only the album proper. The other eight songs are considered bonus material and right now only come with the eighty dollar box set. Also, it looks like the double-vinyl edition in the box set will only encompass the main ten songs, believe it or not -- the two CDs will contain both the album and the bonus tracks.

I have read this 3 times now. If you asked me in 45 seconds what the different configurations are, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Any price if you download it. $1.27 if you like. However, if you want a "hard copy" you get vinyl and CDs. For $80. Standard industry practice.

C'mon, I've bought vinyl with a CD included. And I've heard of free digital download codes coming with a vinyl purchase.

But a pay-what-you-want digital download without having to buy anything else? Who's done that?

This looks like an interesting concept. Unfortunately, unless the download-able version is available in a lossless audio format like FLAC, I'll have to wait for a proper CD release (I'm not a fan of compressed MP3 audio... okay for iPod, not for my stereo.)

I guess I see this as different - arguably the most eagerly anticipated new album of the year, is (officially!) essentially free. Kinda wild.

oh i agree 100%

it's amazing

just not the first time is all (kinda like Kid A ;)

Harvey Danger also released one of their last EP's as a suggested donation download

has anyone heard this? and if so, thoughts?

There's been no leak, thanks to the band keeping the album under wraps until now. Quoth the great evil Pitchfork:

"What Radiohead's doing here is actually pretty cool. Rather than preface their new album's release with the usual three months of press ballyhoo, only to have it leak at some random time before it comes out, they've kept it completely under wraps, then essentially gone and leaked it themselves. What's more, they've turned this into a moral question of sorts, by giving us the freedom to pay actual money for what amounts to an album leak."

That said, nine of the ten songs on the album have been played live before (the only unfamiliar title is "Faust Arp," and it is still possible that's a new name for a known track). Based on those performances, I would call it a very promising record with a good mix of mellow Radiohead ("House of Cards"), rock-out Radiohead ("Reckoner") and everything in between.

Interestingly, some of the most beloved of the new songs have been relegated to the bonus disc (some speculated "Down is the New Up" might have been a lead single) -- six of those eight songs are also well known to Radiohead obsessives, so all in all this is definitely something to look forward to.

It is a wonderful marketing ploy at the very least and I hope it goes well for the band. They always seemed to strike me as a band with a lot more integrity and morals than a lot of others. I will definitely be buying this in some form or other. Will the website hold up under the demand on the day of release?

It is a wonderful marketing ploy at the very least and I hope it goes well for the band. They always seemed to strike me as a band with a lot more integrity and morals than a lot of others. I will definitely be buying this in some form or other. Will the website hold up under the demand on the day of release?

Hasn't held up today, on the day of all the pre-release press... I'm guessing once it's all reconfigured to handle the current traffic (and it looks okay right now), it will be set through next Wednesday and beyond...

There will be no advances, promotional copies, digital streams, media sites, etc. of RADIOHEAD's In Rainbows.

Everyone in the world will be getting the music at the same time:

Oct. 10. That includes us. We don't have anything to play anyone in

the nine days until the record is available. Everyone at nasty has

put his or her order in and just to clarify: you are not being asked

to pay for a promo (as some have inquired). you can pay nothing or as much or as little as you want.

There will be no promotional copies of the discbox either, as each

discbox is being made to order. Sorry.