Radiohead- In Rainbows

Sounds like a summary of "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart". It's a pretty cool thing for them to have done, and it will succeed in getting a fence-sitter like me listening. For a fan, i'm sure it's "unfuckinbelievably awesome!"...it's just not unprecedented. Much more notable that platinum sellers Radiohead did it, but i suspect it'll change the face of the earth about as much as Wilco did.

It is unprecendented for a band as big as Radiohead to do it. And it will change things much more than Wilco did because like it or not, Radiohead is much bigger than Wilco.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unprecendented for a band as big as Radiohead to do it. And it will change things much more than Wilco did because like it or not, Radiohead is much bigger than Wilco.

No, Wilco's a man up on Radiohead. Size doesn't matter here when considering the novelty of the idea. I'm not saying this isn't something to get excited about, bands should be encouraged to have the integrity and respect for their fans that Radiohead has, and if the music is half good, i'll be seeking a physical copy of the new album by the biggest and indiest independent band ever. I don't think they cracked the human genome here, s'all.

where did that article come from?

ETA: the fact that they are doing the boxsets made to order makes me think they are going to try distributing themselves

I haven't read through this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up, but...

how much do you plan on paying for the album?

i think CD's should cost about 10 dollars. This is a double album, so i might go up to 15 for it. it depends on how much money i have at the time.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up, but...

how much do you plan on paying for the album?

i think CD's should cost about 10 dollars. This is a double album, so i might go up to 15 for it. it depends on how much money i have at the time.

it's not a double album...

it's a single album.

you only get the 2nd disc of leftovers if you buy the box set

they sure are milking the diehard fans at 80 bucks a pop. altho they do make up for it buy letting fans get some shitty files for whatever they'd like.

Ok, man. We get it, you don't like them and think this isn't cool, or something. Whatever.

I've heard live versions of most of the songs...i am curious as to whether the studio tracks differ in any way. the song Nude has been around since OK Computer days and they have worked on it off and on for years. i hope they don't tinker too much with it, as i think it's one of their most beautiful songs. the only songs i am not too sure about are 15 step, with Yorke almost singing rap, and House of Cards, which is a little cheesy by Radiohead standards.

if Nigel Goodrich works his magic again, i think this album has the potential for greatness.

the only songs i am not too sure about are 15 step, with Yorke almost singing rap, and House of Cards, which is a little cheesy by Radiohead standards.

15 Step is one of my favorites from last year's debuts.

And I'm wondering which version of Down Is The New Up will surface -- the full band electric version or the acoustic one that we've heard a bunch of times. I'm assuming the plugged in version will be on there, but I'm not sure.

i've heard January 14th

That'd be my birthday, pretty cool. That and the Iowa Caucuses :monkey

If they hadn't decided to release a more reasonably priced physical format of the album either vinyl/cd I was going to be a little perturbed, but this is grand. Hard-core fans get what they want, everybody gets an album sooner!

the song Nude has been around since OK Computer days and they have worked on it off and on for years. i hope they don't tinker too much with it, as i think it's one of their most beautiful songs.

:thumbup Nude is one of my all time favourite songs in the entire universe!!!

I can't wait for this!! :dancing :dancing

Ok, man. We get it, you don't like them and think this isn't cool, or something. Whatever.

I actually like radiohead, I own all their albums and a lot of their eps two and two of their dvds. I just think charging 80 bucks for a single album is ridiculous and especially ridiculous that they get away with it because they're radiohead. They make good music but other than that they're complete jerk offs.

plus I think its funny that my opinion about all this causes so much fuss. I mean why should you care what I think about it?

I actually like radiohead, I own all their albums and a lot of their eps two and two of their dvds. I just think charging 80 bucks for a single album is ridiculous and especially ridiculous that they get away with it because they're radiohead. They make good music but other than that they're complete jerk offs.

plus I think its funny that my opinion about all this causes so much fuss. I mean why should you care what I think about it?

someone said they're releasing it normally after christmas, so you'll be able to get it then at a normal price. they are doing the whole special edition thing in reverse - revolutionary in every sense of the word.

someone said they're releasing it normally after christmas, so you'll be able to get it then at a normal price. they are doing the whole special edition thing in reverse - revolutionary in every sense of the word.

yeah I read about that after that post. oh well.