10/13/07 Crossroads KC, MO

"Though it must kind of suck to be a Hoosier fan right now."

wha? we are pre-season #9'ish for bball. and, the football team is doing better than it has in 10 years or so. r u talking about knight being gone? if so, i was bummed at first, but now i am OK w/ it. he's a dick.

and, for powerplant? i have HEARD that there is a new brewer and things have gotten better. but, i won't even begin with my first experience there a couple years ago. awful.

i forgot, there is a good thing about zona rosa. the majestic. improv and a movie theater w/ booze.

and yes, m. christine, there is plenty of good beer here, i agree. i almost exclusively have blvd on tap at my house. flying monkey has been pretty solid in my opinion too. that dude actually has the recipe and license or whatever to brew breckinridge avalanche. pratty coo'.

also, i'd like to share an experience i had once w/ starbucks. i was in seattle a few summers ago on vacation. i was wandering around that "hip" part of town on the waterfront with the bars and whatnot. i SWEAR to you this happened: i got to a four way stop, and on 3 of the 4 corners was a starbucks. i SWEAR. i wish i had a camera. if i'm lying: i will NEVER be able to drink a beer again. that's how true this is. 3 starbucks on a 4 way stop, all on the corners.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Though it must kind of suck to be a Hoosier fan right now."

wha? we are pre-season #9'ish for bball. and, the football team is doing better than it has in 10 years or so. r u talking about knight being gone? if so, i was bummed at first, but now i am OK w/ it. he's a dick.

actually, i was referring to this: IU should fire Sampson

speaking of newpaper links, the kc star's music blog has wilco video for a few songs from the kc crossroads gig. here's the link for it: wilco in kc

shoot. that is so 'disheartening' for me. i wish sampson would follow the rules. i hope the hoosiers do well. thanks for the link.

but, that is a PERFECT example of why i get irratated by ppl singing at a concert. com'on. you can't hardly hear tweedy during the beginning of that clip. even the caption mentions it! ppl don't pay to hear the crowd sing... or talk for that matter. they come to hear the band. also, i just talked to my buddy who opened for wilco last year and he agrees with me. there's a 'fine line'... it's nice to see the crowd "into it", but, jeesh, don't overwhelm ppl, or even the band, w/ it.

and. btw, that must have been shot right by me. i recognize the faces and angles.

and, btw, i KNOW i sound like a jerk, but, i go to concerts to here the band, regardless of who it is, and when ppl sing over them, i can't here them. 'nuff said.

KC has Miss Chris so that is the big draw for me.

And Wilco shows for that matter. Try living in a city where Wilco is actually from and the band refuses to play.

Jeff is from Belleville, IL/St. Louis area.

(o, man! hope you don't mind me speaking for you?!! :cheekkiss)

Yes, but your thinking of the wrong city.Jeff come home.

(o, man! hope you don't mind me speaking for you?!! :cheekkiss)
:shifty I would much rather you spoke for me. Do you wan't my password?

Yep, no St. Louis area shows since March, '06. :ohwell Although I'm not sure why. They always sell out within minutes.

(Here's one for a certain drummerette! )

cropDSC019401.jpg

Finally got to show these to Sarah tonight. She squealed and screamed at the shots of Glenn, then went immediately to her drums and started playing. :lol

Thanks again, Cloudy and atomicblooz for the pictures.

and, btw, i KNOW i sound like a jerk, but, i go to concerts to here the band, regardless of who it is, and when ppl sing over them, i can't here them. 'nuff said.

pretty sure you're not just sounding like a jerk. you've gotta be the biggest d-bag i've ever seen on an anonymous message board - and that's saying something. and there's no way in hell that it stops with your online persona. i think i read that you're 36 and single? what a shock - you come across as such a friendly, easy to get along with guy. lonely and angry is no way to go through life, son.

that's just my opinion, of course, so don't take it personally.

like a majority of the folks at the show we loved it and enjoyed singing along to just about every song.... it is my sincere hope that we were standing right next to our new friend jared.

3-speed,

you do realize that reading messages on the internet is highly subjective, not unlike emails. that is, you can't trust your initial instincts of the tone... if we were having this debate/discussion in person, over beers or whatnot, you would see that i would have a smile on my face, and not a derisive one. my argument is that i go to hear the band. simple enough. and, yeah, i've agreed that the singing along and hootin' and hollerin' during songs is a way to show appreciation, and i fully support it... to a certain level... it is HIGHLY possible to sing along and show appreciation w/out sacrificing the enjoyment of your neighbors.

just don't be too loud. that's all. watch that first youtube clip. it's a perfect example.

and, jeez man (i assume you're a man) i'm single b/c of something very, very awful that happened to me in the past. thanks for bringing that up, i'll be thinking about it all day.

so, take it back! :cheekkiss

go smoke some weed or something and chill out...

maybe i'll bring one of those blow horns to the next show. that'll let 'em know i'm there!

Been listening to this show...wonderful! :music A big thank you to the taper! :worship (Tapers rock! :rock)

Yep, no St. Louis area shows since March, '06. :ohwell Although I'm not sure why. They always sell out within minutes.

I was wondering about that the other day as well. Beginning to think it is a territorial pissing w/ Jay? Doesn't he live in StL. Or maybe Jeff doesn't like StL, I don't. What a craphole. The last time I was there I couldn't wait to leave. hehehehe

Few more pics from atomicblooz (I haven't figured out how to post a slideshow, so my apologies!). Did anyone else get some photies? :hmm

Nels with flannel shirt thrown up from the audience:

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

Jeff straightening the mic stand after "Elton John" knocked it over. :shifty

DSC01930.jpg

I don't think the Fox was sold out, but I couldn't see, I was 2nd row. :dancing

I was in the first row of the mezzanine for that one. First show after 32 hours of labor and a c-section, so I didn't want to rock out too hardcore by the stage. I was afraid my innards would become outards. You're right - it wasn't quite a sell-out, but it was packed. I know the last shows at The Pageant sold out pretty fast.

I was wondering about that the other day as well. Beginning to think it is a territorial pissing w/ Jay? Doesn't he live in StL. Or maybe Jeff doesn't like StL, I don't.

Jay lives in St. Louis, but I don't think that would keep Wilco away. Although he lives here, Jay doesn't play here very often. He's part owner of a venue, but it's small enough that it wouldn't be the place Wilco would be playing.

I'd actually wondered if the lack of St. Louis shows had more to do with Jeff's mom's death last year. She was always a big presence at their local shows. Surely it would be difficult for him to come home to play and not have her there.

What a craphole. The last time I was there I couldn't wait to leave. hehehehe

I know! That's why I moved from StL to Belleville five months ago. :thumbup Don't believe all those old Uncle Tupelo songs; it's a lovely little town.

All the photos of the KC show are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing them.

I was wondering about that the other day as well. Beginning to think it is a territorial pissing w/ Jay? Doesn't he live in StL. Or maybe Jeff doesn't like StL, I don't. What a craphole. The last time I was there I couldn't wait to leave. hehehehe

What's all this city bashing about? It has nothing to do with Jay, you wouldn't understand. I can't wait not to see you when they decide to come back. Wilco playing a show at the Fox Theater was quite a treat, Jeff was so damn nervous playing a venue like that when he grew up going to shows there, and having the known it's past history. Half the Wilco songs you probably love have references to St. Louis and will never know!

Hail Hail Rock And Roll!

What's all this city bashing about? It has nothing to do with Jay, you wouldn't understand. I can't wait not to see you when they decide to come back. Wilco playing a show at the Fox Theater was quite a treat, Jeff was so damn nervous playing a venue like that when he grew up going to shows there, and having the known it's past history. Half the Wilco songs you probably love have references to St. Louis and will never know!

Hail Hail Rock And Roll!

I was joking in reference to previous posts about KC sucking so bad. Anywho, I used to live east of StL as a kid and have good memories of the city.