--What Light

--Hate It Here

--Hummingbird

--Heavy Metal Drummer

encore 2

--Late Greats

--I'm a Wheel

--Outtasite

You guys covered the setlist nicely! Andrew Bird played a nice short set himself and had to take off to head for Indianapolis (which was too bad because it seemed like he might have made an appearance for Jesus Etc. had he been around).

Wilco was in top form, I was right below Nels--who was goofy and wild and having a great time. Pat was busting out the rock moves left and right and Jeff seemed to be really enjoying the whole thing. Too Far Apart was fantastic, and definitely showed the band at a rocking peak. It was great to see It's Just That Simple, and Outtasite was a perfect close to the show. Lots of fun. And unlike the last Wilco show I saw (Davenport) no drunken brawls! Hurray!

Caught Ms. Yvon after the show too :thumbup Wooo!

Oh, and did anyone else see the guitar tech in the mask during one of the breaks? Masked Hater????

wish i could be more verbose. it was really good. how's that?

pat sansone during 'late greats' (?) delivered what jeff later called a heretofore unseen rock move. he re-inserted his guitar chord into his raised guitar in ultra-dramatic sloowwww motion just before his part kicked in. tweedy remarked too that it was "rather suggestive" as well. funny.

hot. good crowd. well-behaved. typical iowa stuff.

wasn't expecting 'it's just that simple'. nostalgic for us oldtimers. 'too far apart' rocked in a way i hadn't heard before too.

wow. like the tiger says, they're grrrrreat.

I got one of the setlists and Via Chicago and Cali Stars were supposed to kick off the 2nd encore but they skipped them (most likely due to time constraints). In any case, what an amazing show. Much, much better than Milwaukee. My girlfriend and I drove 7 hours round trip for this gig and were not disappointed.

I was there, 4 rows back between Nels and Jeff. We drove about 7 hours roundtrip too but the time home was faster. It was my 4th Wilco show and a close tie for my favorite yet with the show they played in Milwaukee earlier this week. The energy was amazing and everyone in the band seemed to be having a great time. Pat was all about the rock moves and it was cool to see John take the lead on "its just that simple"

What was the name of the song Andrew Bird opened with? And how do I go about trying to find torrents for the two shows I was at?

Andrew Bird's set (if I remember correctly):

Intro

Sovay

Nervous Tic

Damn You For Being So Easy-Going (don't know official title - if you know, please tell me)

Dr. Stringz

Scythian Empires

Edit: Nevermind on the unknown song title: it's called "Why?" and from "The Swimming Hour" (or "Fingerlings" if you're so inclined).

It was only my 2nd Wilco show but definitely way better than my last...probably because I was in the 2nd row right between Nels and Jeff! I never thought I would be that close to them, it was surreal. I loved to see John take the lead for a song, he sounded so good and I give him best dressed award. It was awesome being so close to Nels, he is an animal. Pat was hilarious and Glenn was his usual rockin' sweaty self. It was cool to see where all the sounds come from on the records too. Great mix of songs and good banter. It will be hard for me to ever top a concert after that one, but I'll do anything to see them again! SCREAM

Just got home. I haven't felt the enthusiasm that I used to have in a while, but these last two nights reminded me why I used to love them with such blind mad devotion. More pics once I've gotten some sleep!

I know what you mean, Sam -- just when I think I'm kinda "over it", I seem them live again and I am enthralled once more. Seeing JT solo is just icing on that lovely cake.

Agreed with all of the above. Excellent show, Pat was in rare form, Tweedy really happy... overall nice crowd. Small fire in front of me (right in front of John). :blink But the stage guy stomped that out promptly. :brow Honestly, a cord on one of the speakers started on fire. So I guess John was literally smokin'? (insert rim shot)

Hearing Poor Places was by far the highlight for me. That was my first time hearing it live, and it was beautiful, of course. Company in my Back was nice, too.

As further evidence of what good people these guys are, at the end of the second (and last) encore, as the guys were leaving the stage, Tweedy came towards the front of the stage and called a fan over who had tried to take a picture with JT before the show but his film didn't work. Jeff must have told him they'd do it after the show. But instead Jeff said, "I'm sorry man, we have to leave for Chicago right away so I'm not going to be able to get that picture with you. Next time?" WHile I'm sure the kid was bummed, how cool is that? Class acts.

Agreed with all of the above. Excellent show, Pat was in rare form, Tweedy really happy... overall nice crowd. Small fire in front of me (right in front of John). :blink But the stage guy stomped that out promptly. :brow Honestly, a cord on one of the speakers started on fire. So I guess John was literally smokin'? (insert rim shot)

Hearing Poor Places was by far the highlight for me. That was my first time hearing it live, and it was beautiful, of course. Company in my Back was nice, too.

As further evidence of what good people these guys are, at the end of the second (and last) encore, as the guys were leaving the stage, Tweedy came towards the front of the stage and called a fan over who had tried to take a picture with JT before the show but his film didn't work. Jeff must have told him they'd do it after the show. But instead Jeff said, "I'm sorry man, we have to leave for Chicago right away so I'm not going to be able to get that picture with you. Next time?" WHile I'm sure the kid was bummed, how cool is that? Class acts.

Yeah I saw that too. I was 3 people back, dead center, and dancing through most of the show. The kid was actually stoked. Woot.

Great show...nice sounding room. But no beer? A dry campus? Oh well, not everything can be perfect.

Wilco just plain rocks :rock

Impossible Germany always makes me feel like I've had a sexual experience just standing there. That three guitar work that they do is awesome! :yay

boy howdy!

after the show last night, walking through town with my road trip pals and deepsea, i said, "i'm gonna be riding this weekend for a long time."

what a FANTASTIC pair of shows!

danced my socks off, hollered at the top of my lungs, sang and sang and sang!

got to work today straight from LAX. same old stuff. you'd think the building was on fire the way we're running around in emergency-sprint mode. still. songs from the shows keep bubbling up, i find myself humming or singing out loud.

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY for live music, friends and getting out of dodge once in awhile. :dancing :dancing

also: special tip o'the hat to my personal trip instigator! :worship KEY SWAP!

hey wilco, you kids are alright! :banana :love

what's with nels and hitting his head on the chandelier? i didn't see it. rumor says hospital. anybody?

I saw a roadie hit his head before the show, between Bird and Wilco, so the stage crew took special care to point out the chandelier with flashlights as people got on stage. As they (Wilco)were leaving the stage after their last set someone smacked it hard enough to realy move it, I thout it was Glen, but it could have been Nels (considering the luck he's had latley). Who ever it was realy smacked it. They are huge, heavy chandeliers, and to move it would take some force! Ouch. :stunned

oh man, i'm definitely still on a wilco buzz today. that show was *amazing*. i don't know if it was me or the music, but i was just plain mesmerized throughout the entire show. even though i've heard IATTBYH too many times to count, both live and on cd, i feel like i really got it for the first time on sunday night. and that in itself just left me all warm and fuzzy.

i was worried i wouldn't make the front row after getting a late start (i blame my baby; i'm still adjusting to motherhood), but i lucked out when the couple standing in front of us decided to leave/move back(?) before andrew bird even came on. i brought along one of my coffee shop employees and she had never been to wilco or in the front row of any show. she claims to have loved every minute of it. :dancing

i always leave wanting more.....

:wub

p.s. i'm guessing the chandelier thing is a common problem. we noticed before the show started that there appeared to be something taped around some of the dangly things (proper chandelier termonology, i'm sure) closest to the stage. but still....ouch.

DSC00474.JPGDSC00437.JPGDSC00460.JPGWas an amazing show. heres some pictures , not great, but they capture the insanity of the evening.

Been listening to the KC show, adn i have to ask, anyone see any tapers? don't want to fill myself full of false hope for a torrent if not...