DSC00474.JPGDSC00437.JPGDSC00460.JPGWas an amazing show. heres some pictures , not great, but they capture the insanity of the evening.

Been listening to the KC show, adn i have to ask, anyone see any tapers? don't want to fill myself full of false hope for a torrent if not...

On the way out I saw a mic stand with what I think were stereo mics on it near the sound board, but I was drunk from all the beer I drank. Oh wait...they didn't have beer!

Yeah I saw that too. I was 3 people back, dead center, and dancing through most of the show. The kid was actually stoked. Woot.

Yeah, I asked you about the set list on the way out. :thumbup

On the way out I saw a mic stand with what I think were stereo mics on it near the sound board, but I was drunk from all the beer I drank. Oh wait...they didn't have beer!

yeah, a few cold ones would have been really nice during the show. had to stop at the deadwood after the show to replenish my fluids.

torrent is up and running over at etree . can't wait to hear it again

This post is proof positive that I'm getting old.

GREAT show, great setlist - but man was it cramped and hot in there.

We may be the people someone mentioned who were up front and decided to move back. The crowd was packed so tight early on you couldn't move an inch. If one needed to get out , it took a good 20 minutes, and good luck getting back in. It was claustrophobic and HOT. Most everyone was very courteous, but there as a group of young girls who was pushing up against my back the whole time we were up front.

When we moved back, we didn't go too far - maybe 20 rows of people back off to John's side, it was okay, but I spent most of the night trying to find a spot where I could get a glimpse of the guys between the backs of other people's heads.

It used to be I'd seek out GA shows. I believe Jeff prefers them cuz the audience is more energetic and they feed off of them. And that was the case here. I have friends in the area, so I decided this would be a good show to hop on a plane for. But was it really worth it to look at the back of a really tall guys' head all night? If one wants to have a good spot for a GA Wilco show, you'd better be in line at least an hour before doors open. Factor in an opening band, and you will have been standing for 6-plus hours by the time the show is over. And if you get a REALLY good spot, be prepared to hold it and not use the bathroom all night. Forget getting a water or a beer.

I think Wilco may be getting too big for the GA shows when they're picking GA venues that hold a couple thousand people. Dallas musta been 4,000 or 5,000? This one had to be maybe 2,000. How many of those people can even see?

I'll be seeking out seated shows from here out. But don't worry, I won't yell at you to sit if you're dancing in front of me.

-Laura

You just made my day...

glad i could help. it sounds almost as good as it did on sunday. maybe better, as i have a cold one in hand now :beer

but let us thank the taper . good job :worship

I would love to get a YSI of this show, my network doesn't allow any sort of torrent stuff

I have no idea what a YSI is, but if you can tell me and I can figure it out, I'll help you out. :thumbup

true, always b+p. YSI i believe is yousendit.com . sort of a simple ftp, i believe.

if my brain turns back on , i may be able to do a traditional ftp kinda thing if your network allows that

This post is proof positive that I'm getting old.

GREAT show, great setlist - but man was it cramped and hot in there.

We may be the people someone mentioned who were up front and decided to move back. The crowd was packed so tight early on you couldn't move an inch. If one needed to get out , it took a good 20 minutes, and good luck getting back in. It was claustrophobic and HOT. Most everyone was very courteous, but there as a group of young girls who was pushing up against my back the whole time we were up front.

When we moved back, we didn't go too far - maybe 20 rows of people back off to John's side, it was okay, but I spent most of the night trying to find a spot where I could get a glimpse of the guys between the backs of other people's heads.

It used to be I'd seek out GA shows. I believe Jeff prefers them cuz the audience is more energetic and they feed off of them. And that was the case here. I have friends in the area, so I decided this would be a good show to hop on a plane for. But was it really worth it to look at the back of a really tall guys' head all night? If one wants to have a good spot for a GA Wilco show, you'd better be in line at least an hour before doors open. Factor in an opening band, and you will have been standing for 6-plus hours by the time the show is over. And if you get a REALLY good spot, be prepared to hold it and not use the bathroom all night. Forget getting a water or a beer.

I think Wilco may be getting too big for the GA shows when they're picking GA venues that hold a couple thousand people. Dallas musta been 4,000 or 5,000? This one had to be maybe 2,000. How many of those people can even see?

I'll be seeking out seated shows from here out. But don't worry, I won't yell at you to sit if you're dancing in front of me.

-Laura

GA is really the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. The energy of a standing crowd and how it feeds the band is incomparable to anything: makes for a truly religious experience. Millenium and the couple of Auditorium shows I've been to pale so heavily in comparison to Iowa City, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza. The physical strain is SO MORE THAN WORTH IT.

GA is really the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. The energy of a standing crowd and how it feeds the band is incomparable to anything: makes for a truly religious experience. Millenium and the couple of Auditorium shows I've been to pale so heavily in comparison to Iowa City, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza. The physical strain is SO MORE THAN WORTH IT.

I agree...my back usually hurts the next day from standing but I get past it and it is worth it. Plus then it seems I actually of have a chance at getting close.

yeah, i saw mr. adams in the same venue a week or two prior and the seats destroyed what was gonna be a terrible show anyway. seriously. the seats made it bad, but RA made it worse.

long live GA and good peeps coming to IC.