The Jayhawks (including Louris, Olson, and related)

Just noticed The Autumn Defense is opening for Gary and Mark in Chicago. Saw this on Gary's site.

http://www.garylourismusic.com/

cool! i will just happen to be back "in the old country" at the time and so my good fortune is doubled. I am truly looking forward to this one as i don't get to seem many (well, any) shows in Poland.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this on rotation for the past week and it's better than I thought it would be.

There's hardly any clunkers. Actually, I just skip over one song.

I love the opening 4 songs, which I already had heard on myspace. But am really liking the later songs in the disc. My Gospel Song For You and Life's Warm Sheets especially. Their 2 voices together really are magical most of the time.

I think the new album is a masterpiece... I can't stop listening. There was a nice Louris/Olson show on Dime for awile. I think the tracker is still active. It's from Glasgow. Real nice sounding recording, and the show is top notch.

We're going to the Somerville Theater show on Friday. I can't wait (also pretty pysched to be holding 3rd row Calvin tix for Tweedy!). Shaping up to be a good couple of months..

the in-store yesterday was good... the in-studio after it however was just HEAVENLY

one of the coolest things i've ever seen and the best i've heard Mark & Gary's voices sound together. it was pretty magical. the interview w/ Mary Lucia was good too. should be airing on http://www.thecurrent.org later today, and will be archived.

they also had 4 HD cameras setup that should show up online soon as well

the in-store yesterday was good... the in-studio after it however was just HEAVENLY

one of the coolest things i've ever seen and the best i've heard Mark & Gary's voices sound together. it was pretty magical. the interview w/ Mary Lucia was good too. should be airing on http://www.thecurrent.org later today, and will be archived.

they also had 4 HD cameras setup that should show up online soon as well

I thought I heard them say the in-studio would aire on Thursday, although I could be mistaken. Just thought I would mention it in case people were looking for it later today or tomorrow.

I thought I heard them say the in-studio would aire on Thursday, although I could be mistaken. Just thought I would mention it in case people were looking for it later today or tomorrow.

no you're right. Thursday at 5pm

was told last night it would be today

Oh cool, thanks for the link! I'll have to give that a listen today.

I'm supposed to have a meet and greet with Gary and Mark before their show here. I need to think up some good questions.

one question i wanted to ask during the in-studio was if Mark & Gary followed each others output while they were apart.

ie: did Mark check out the Jayhawks records after he left the band, if so, does he have a favorite record/song from that era.

and vice versa re: Gary checking out Mark's solo records + Creekdippers, etc.

and also if there was any time while writing songs for the records after Mark left, did Gary feel like some songs were written with their harmonizing in mind.