10/16/07 Mershon Auditorium, Columbus, OH

I just grinned through that whole second encore. Awesome to see some of the older songs coming back. (and nice to see some love for "Too Far Apart" lately, which I always thought was underrated and I never dreamed would make it back into setlists)

I'll add to the list of favorite comments for the night:

Jeff, during encores: "Sir, I have been trying to get you to stand up all night!" (to a guy a couple rows in front and to the right of me)

Nobody seemed to know whether to sit or stand all night long, which made for a weird vibe for much of the show. During Spiders, I was actually kind of bummed because the crowd was still pretty lame (hence Jeff's rock-show-pandering comments) and I really didn't expect them to come back out. And then they did...and blew the freaking roof off the place with that last set. (well, at least that got everyone standing!) :omg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. :omg :yes Sounds like an amazing show! Thanks for the setlist/reviews. :thumbup

Wendy, wonderful pics! You did a great job capturing Glenn too. :worship (And I can't get over Jeff in the suit!! LOL)

Looking forward to hearing this one myself. :)

I think the lesson here is that if they are coming to play anywhere near where you live, go see them. This tour seems like it has taken it up several notches.

jeff is taking jogs before shows???

crazy...

Yeah, I saw him right after his jog too - In shorts!!

The crowd did not seem to be very into it in the beginning. Very few shouted "hello" during IATTBYH. I thought "shoot we aren't going to get a good show". Turns out I could not have been more wrong! They did not seem to smile that much like when I saw them this summer but the played an amazing show and setlist. They could have been smiling during the encores but that is when the three GINORMOUS men in front of me stood up so I could not see anything. Guys - if you read this thanks so very much for sitting up to that point.

When Andrew Bird came out, I knew they were obviously going to play "Jesus, Etc", but was I the only one secretly hoping for "Dreamer In My Dreams"? :w00t (hey, it could have happened--they busted out all kinds of old tunes last night!)

I didn't really expect it, tho. Andrew seems like more of a 'violin' guy than a 'fiddle' guy. :lol

NUDIE SUIT!!!!

OK, gang, I need help:

Jeff's wearing the Nudie Suit comes on the heels of my developing a serious fascination with these clothes, and this is dangerous.

How serious a fascination, you might ask? Over the last few weeks, I bought a book on Nudie and his work (Nudie the Rodeo Tailor); I managed to track down Nudie Cohn's granddaughter (Jamie Lee Nudie) about finding suits similar to her grandfather's; I've talked to Jaime Castaneda (used to work for Nudie, now runs his own place in Hollywood); I've talked to Manuel Cuevas (used to work for Nudie, now runs his own place in Nashville); I have tracked Nudie suits on eBay; I have tried to find local tailors who can replicate Nudie's work; and I have a friend in Nashville who is scoping out Katy K's Western Wear, which sometimes sells used Nudie suits.

My obsession has become so dangerous that I now believe that I MUST have one of these suits--or at least a decent copy. Based on the information I have, it seems that Jaime's new clothes are not as expensive as Manuel's. And the used Nudie suits that I have seen online look stained and ugly.

Does anyone have any contacts of anyone who might be able to make a Nudie knock-off suit or jacket?

Thanks. Anyone else out there who is suffering similarly, let's start a support group. (My wife has given me a stern warning about this Nudie fascination already, but my obsession may have already lapsed into early action.)

Very few shouted "hello" during IATTBYH.

I was one of the few - I don't think anyone else was familiar enough with that trick to catch along. :yes

If anyone gets the bootleg (though I should be getting a copy from someone who taped it in my class) - I'm the only one screaming "Yeah!" at the beginning of In A Future Age and Too Far Apart...because definitely no one around me knew what songs they were. I was just grinning from ear to ear the wholeeeeeeeeee show.

p.s. was that a doll thing of Jeff on top of his amp head?

I'm the only one screaming "Yeah!" at the beginning of In A Future Age and Too Far Apart

Wait, I thought I was the one screaming "Yeah!" I may not have been in close proximity to any tapers, though.(hopefully) :P

There were some interesting audience reactions around me last night...I couldn't tell which material people knew. Like, for example, with the whole sitting/standing issue, I didn't understand why nearly everyone sat down at the start of "You Are My Face" (don't they know we're about to ROCK on the middle part?!) and then it seemed everyone around me stood up en masse for the start of "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" but then once they were standing they didn't seem to know what to do since, you know, its not like the greatest song for dancing to. :lol

Kudos to the guy directly behind me who not only knew every word to "Too Far Apart", but actually sang along in tune. (something I am incapable of)

Sounds like a great show--and great pics! :thumbup

Yeah, the stand/sit thing in Madison added a weird vibe, too. Still, they are just ROCKING right now. I felt the same as a few of you here who said the second (and third, in some cases) encores were just raging. That's exactly how I felt at both the Milwaukee and Iowa shows--just charged with sheer rock and roll madness.

Wait, I thought I was the one screaming "Yeah!" I may not have been in close proximity to any tapers, though.(hopefully) :P

Where were you seated?

I was in the second row in the pit, right in front of Pat. I was like a foot from the speakers, so I was getting totally beamed. But it was so awesome I don't care.

I definitely think Pat and I made eye contact once or something and we just kinda looked and I froze and it probably looked extra-sketch...but he just kept rockin' out. :yes

I was in the second row in the pit, right in front of Pat. I was like a foot from the speakers, so I was getting totally beamed. But it was so awesome I don't care.

I definitely think Pat and I made eye contact once or something and we just kinda looked and I froze and it probably looked extra-sketch...but he just kept rockin' out. :yes

I was in the first row of regular seats, far over on Pat's side, on the eisle, across from a tall, stunning blonde :dancing . . . and her date :shifty . During the second encore I slid into the pit (the beef boys had moved to the front of the stage) and I was amazed how much louder it got moving 10 feet closer to the stacks.

Kudos to the guy directly behind me who not only knew every word to "Too Far Apart", but actually sang along in tune. (something I am incapable of)

Where were you sitting? This may have been me...I think I sang along through almost the entire show. Some songs a lot louder than others.

where would a torrent be posted if a tape came out? Im relatively new to the world of wilco.
id also like to know where a recording of the show would be posted. thanks in advance for the help

bt.etree.org(no-registration needed)

dimeadozen.org

try those first, in about a week, maybe longer.

No kudos to the D-bag right behind us in OL-4 who insisted on yelling the name of EVERY song once he recognized it. And then yelling it again to his friends beside him. I guess there was a need for everyone to know that he knew what song it was. And then singing very out of tune half the lines that have a silent pause before them.

Anyway, it was freakin' great otherwise. Since we love Nels so much, it was tough to laugh at him...but it was seriously across almost the whole width of the stage that he flailed and fought it, but eventually fell. I guess when you're used to being in front of so many people, you don't get as embarrassed, and handle it much better than most people would.

The suit was an instant classic, and the old songs were hitting so heavy. I especially liked "I Got You"-