10/16/07 Mershon Auditorium, Columbus, OH

Yeah that poster is great. Crosshair Chicago does some cool building stuff like that for some other bands as well, (Frames, Tortoise) so cool, I bought 2!

Oh I grabbed the actual setlists, if anyone was interested in seeing them.

wilcosetlist057.jpg

andrewbirdsetlist058.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were you sitting? This may have been me.

SEC B, Row 5 on the aisle. (Nels side of the stage)

After hearing myself "singing" along on a tape of the last Wilco show I attended, I was a bit more reserved in my participation this time around. :unsure :lol

SEC B, Row 5 on the aisle. (Nels side of the stage)

After hearing myself "singing" along on a tape of the last Wilco show I attended, I was a bit more reserved in my participation this time around. :unsure :lol

oh, not me then. Hope the taper mics I saw didn't pick my contributions up.

I'm a little bit in love with that poster.

They recycled the same poster for the Detroit show (of course, updating the date and location etc). So it is possible the same poster might show up for the next two shows (Pittsburgh and Charlottesville). I'm in full agreement - very cool poster.

He thought a guy with a walking stick was carrying a baseball bat.

Yeah, I caught that part. I just mean that the banter went back and forth a bit and I heard the guy yelling something but couldn't hear what he was saying. Jeff didn't seem too freaked out, so I figured it was cool... :lol

OK, gang, I need help:

Jeff's wearing the Nudie Suit comes on the heels of my developing a serious fascination with these clothes, and this is dangerous.

How serious a fascination, you might ask? Over the last few weeks, I bought a book on Nudie and his work (Nudie the Rodeo Tailor); I managed to track down Nudie Cohn's granddaughter (Jamie Lee Nudie) about finding suits similar to her grandfather's; I've talked to Jaime Castaneda (used to work for Nudie, now runs his own place in Hollywood); I've talked to Manuel Cuevas (used to work for Nudie, now runs his own place in Nashville); I have tracked Nudie suits on eBay; I have tried to find local tailors who can replicate Nudie's work; and I have a friend in Nashville who is scoping out Katy K's Western Wear, which sometimes sells used Nudie suits.

My obsession has become so dangerous that I now believe that I MUST have one of these suits--or at least a decent copy. Based on the information I have, it seems that Jaime's new clothes are not as expensive as Manuel's. And the used Nudie suits that I have seen online look stained and ugly.

Does anyone have any contacts of anyone who might be able to make a Nudie knock-off suit or jacket?

Thanks. Anyone else out there who is suffering similarly, let's start a support group. (My wife has given me a stern warning about this Nudie fascination already, but my obsession may have already lapsed into early action.)

I'm in on the support group thing. I am a man in need of a Nudie suit.

Guest Hollinger

Wendy --

You wouldn't happen to have a higher resolution version of that picture w/ Nels, Mike and Jeff would you? The one that shows off the pants of the suit? I'd love to use it as a desktop wallpaper, but it's just small enough that it doesn't look great on a bigger monitor. I'm assuming you've reduced the size to post them out here... let me know.

Thanks!

Wendy --

You wouldn't happen to have a higher resolution version of that picture w/ Nels, Mike and Jeff would you? The one that shows off the pants of the suit? I'd love to use it as a desktop wallpaper, but it's just small enough that it doesn't look great on a bigger monitor. I'm assuming you've reduced the size to post them out here... let me know.

Thanks!

No, you know what? That is the real thing straight off the camera. True confession: It's a new camera and I have no idea what the settings are, I just put the battery and storage stick in and pressed the button. :blush

In Columbus, there were half a dozen professional photographers with press passes standing in the center aisle of the pit taking tons of pictures of JT & Wilco during the first few songs, then they were ushered out. So I would check some of the newspapers and search online photo places like maybe flickr, and you'll be certain to find MUCH better shots. And if you do, could you stop back here and leave us a link, too? That'd be nice to see their shots. They had gigantic lenses and digital SLR cameras of course, being pros and all.

• 4 weeks later...