U2 CD/DVD/Vinyl Remasters

I felt like a real tool walking into a bar on the waterfront and asking where the "U2 wall" was, I'll tell you that.

The Dockers was it? Great place to drink for years till it was over run with fucking plebs looking for U2. Not you like.... :thumbup

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dockers was it? Great place to drink for years till it was over run with fucking plebs looking for U2. Not you like.... :thumbup

:lol

I was shocked to get a smile and the info right straight.

Also: the "wall" was a disappointment. Kinda like "Miracle Drug" or "A Man & A Woman."

Also: the "wall" was a disappointment. Kinda like "Miracle Drug" or "A Man & A Woman."

Irish people are very pleasant and helpful. Just not me.

What are miracle drug etc?

Irish people are very pleasant and helpful. Just not me.

I hear The Frames are big over there. I really like them but they are nothing here. So underappreciated IMO. I feel it maybe too late for them to reach a popular status in the US cause they have released several albums already. Just wondering how big they are there.

I hear The Frames are big over there. I really like them but they are nothing here. So underappreciated IMO. I feel it maybe too late for them to reach a popular status in the US cause they have released several albums already. Just wondering how big they are there.

Yeah, they are a pretty big draw here on the live circuit. Their albums always do well here too. Good to see that Glen is getting some airtime with The Swell Season too. I think they are a mite too long in the tooth for the world domination thing now sadly.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I liked Unforgettable Fire better. Not by much though.

yeah, mine too. The Joshua Tree was the first time I was anxious or even knew when a new record was coming out, although I think it's a great record, it was sort of a let down, my expectations must have been thru the roof.

i actually reconnected w/ that song on the drive to be there for my grandpa's surgery. the other one still blows.

I don't think I would have liked "Miracle Drug" at all if not for the fact that it was released while I was in the throes of postpartum depression. "Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" ... that line damn near killed me at the time. Now, it gives me the willies.

I have photos of my friends and me, standing in front of the U2 paraphenalia wall at Sun Studios. There's also a photo of us from the same Memphis trip, standing in front of a promo poster for "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart", which had just been released. Nerds.

I like U2, but is there any real reason for a 20 year old album being reissued? It isn't like it was out of print or anything.

LouieB

Anniversary edition!

How can people not like U2 - I grew up in the 80s, and they are one of the few bands of that time period that I actually listened to - and still do.

"Running To Stand Still" is an amazing song.

That is an outstanding song. No doubt about that. I was very good friends with a guy who used to live in Thomas Clarke tower, on of the seven mentioned. Scary place at night time I tell you but the people who lived there were, for the most part, salt of the earth types.

Sorry for bogarting your thread A- Man. Like I said, there are loads of bands I listen to that people might not like either. It's all cool and the gang. Except for Kool and the Gang, now they sucked in the 80's.

That is an outstanding song. No doubt about that. I was very good friends with a guy who used to live in Thomas Clarke tower, on of the seven mentioned. Scary place at night time I tell you but the people who lived there were, for the most part, salt of the earth types.

Sorry for bogarting your thread A- Man. Like I said, there are loads of bands I listen to that people might not like either. It's all cool and the gang. Except for Kool and the Gang, now they sucked in the 80's.

Next time you are in town, come over and watch Irish Tour '74 - I got the dvd.

Rory! Now you're talking.

Actually, my best mate is a bit mental when it comes to Rory. Tour posters and old issues of Hot Press kept lovingly in plastic. Old ticket stubs and all that paraphenalia. His missus tried to shift them to the attic one day and there was a very large standoff. :P

Rory! Now you're talking.

Actually, my best mate is a bit mental when it comes to Rory. Tour posters and old issues of Hot Press kept lovingly in plastic. Old ticket stubs and all that paraphenalia. His missus tried to shift them to the attic one day and there was a very large standoff. :P

Pretty cool film - although - the dvd looks like it was mastered off a film that had been lying in the bottom of a irish pub or something. The image quality was very bad - since I know his brother is in charge of the estate - I am guessing they did not have access to the film negs or simply did not have the money to do a proper restoration.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I liked Unforgettable Fire better. Not by much though.

We belong to the same minority. I wish they would remaster that.