Yup. and unfortunate for Rockies fans. Sorry you guys. We red sox fans are used to not getting tickets. Someone should check ebay to see how many of those tickets are now up for auction by brokers...

About 9 pages worth.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on line (the computer was doing the re-load and I was watching non press releases) for about 7 hrs yesterday and 3 today. Oh well. The t.v.'ll have to do. I would've been willing to part with $65 Rock Pile seats for me and my kid, anyway.

Yes, it's true: teams can be good without a hefty payroll.

True. Keep in mind that when any youngsters on a lower payroll club finish their ( I think) first 6 years and are eligible for free agency those salaries go up, up, up. I'm not sure but i think Papplebon for example gets around 500 or 600K. You can bet when it comes contract time or free agancy that number will be but a faint memory. Any agent worth his salt will get the biggest $$$$ they can. Sad but thats pro sports these days. Those guys will always go to the high bidder....not that I blame them.

From the local craigslis "tickets" section:

You fucking scalping leeches die a slow painful death - $666

Reply to: see below

Date: 2007-10-23, 6:41PM MDT

you are a fucking piece of shit you scalping sons of ugly bitches. I hope you get hit by a car on the way to work but you forgot to go to the bathroom and when the car hits you you shit your pants and then before you die you realize that you just shit your pants and a little of it got in your mouth.

have fun eating your own shit tomorrow...

From the local craigslis "tickets" section:

You fucking scalping leeches die a slow painful death - $666

Reply to: see below

Date: 2007-10-23, 6:41PM MDT

you are a fucking piece of shit you scalping sons of ugly bitches. I hope you get hit by a car on the way to work but you forgot to go to the bathroom and when the car hits you you shit your pants and then before you die you realize that you just shit your pants and a little of it got in your mouth.

have fun eating your own shit tomorrow...

:rotfl

I got four tickets to all three World Series games at Wrigley Field in 1989 (seats were $20, I think) just by hitting re-dial and getting through three times. and I was in Daytona! Was gonna finance the trip selling the extras in Chicago. That's about as close as I've ever been to the World Series, besides picking up the deputy sports editor outside Jacobs Field during Game 5 in '97 (Dave Lidecka RIP, miss ya, bud).

I will be at Game 1 tomorrow at Fenway - it is looking like rain all day and all night. If the game gets rained out it - I figure they will make it up on Friday. Either way - I want this series to go the distance (I have tix for game 7 too).

Phillies in 2008

50% chance of showers at gametime - doesn't look like it will even be delayed at this point.

PLAY BALL!!

The Dropkick Murphys are kinda starting to get on my nerves.

"starting to"

I still like the band very much and even still get pumped to here "Tessie" now and again (good tune to crank in the car), but too much is too much.

There's a line in "Tessie" that really, really bothers me (something about the seemingly incompatable usage of "sometimes" and "always" in the same line that does it). So much so that I can't listen to the song anymore.