Has anybody played any of the Carvin Models? I am intrigued because you can get them on the website set up with the hardware and everything the way you want it. I'm especially intrigued because you can get the smaller radius necks which I would like because I have smaller hands. I play Les Paul's and Strats now with not a whole lot of difficulty but a smaller radius neck would help my playing get better technique wise. The only problem is, since there is only a handful of stores that sell them, and I live on the east coast, you can't just run down to the local Guitar Center to try one out. So if anybody has played one and has an unbiased opinion (I say unbiased because I would recommend a Les Paul to anybody no matter what the situation is) it would be appreciated.

Has anybody played any of the Carvin Models? I am intrigued because you can get them on the website set up with the hardware and everything the way you want it. I'm especially intrigued because you can get the smaller radius necks which I would like because I have smaller hands. I play Les Paul's and Strats now with not a whole lot of difficulty but a smaller radius neck would help my playing get better technique wise. The only problem is, since there is only a handful of stores that sell them, and I live on the east coast, you can't just run down to the local Guitar Center to try one out. So if anybody has played one and has an unbiased opinion (I say unbiased because I would recommend a Les Paul to anybody no matter what the situation is) it would be appreciated.

I would think that nut width would make more of a difference than fingerboard radius to those of us with smaller hands. I checked out their website, and I could find precious little about nut width save for a description of their replacement necks, which are an aircraft carrier-sized 1.71 inches (Gibsons and modern American Fenders are typically 1.6875"; vintage Fenders are 1.625"). Scale length would also make a difference, but since you play both Gibsons and Fenders (24.75 and 25.5 respectively, I think) this doesn't seems like much of an issue.

I hope this helps.

I would think that nut width would make more of a difference than fingerboard radius to those of us with smaller hands. I checked out their website, and I could find precious little about nut width save for a description of their replacement necks, which are an aircraft carrier-sized 1.71 inches (Gibsons and modern American Fenders are typically 1.6875"; vintage Fenders are 1.625"). Scale length would also make a difference, but since you play both Gibsons and Fenders (24.75 and 25.5 respectively, I think) this doesn't seems like much of an issue.

I hope this helps.

I helps quite a bit. Thanks.