Manchester UK show is cancelled...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm - wondering about Voodoo Fest in New Orleans. If Wilco cancels, I'd like to unload my tix cheap to some Fall Out Boy or Black Crows fan today and just spend the weekend in Biloxi instead.

But if the reason is slow tix sales in England, that wouldn't affect New Orleans.

I guess all any of us can do is wait for some sort of explanation.

Oh no! I'm really worried, I hope everyone is okay! And that's a shame for all of you who can't see them :(

I think this is pretty bad form on the part of Nonesuch. I mean, the venues/ticket sellers must have known about this at least yesterday, and still no word from the band/band's management via wilcoworld. How hard can it be to post a reason for what appears to be an abandoned national tour (albeit a handful of dates - okay, so I'm sensationalising a little here...) Am I spitting my dummy out here or is it a fair point?

If only to clarify the dates that are going ahead, or give people a chance to cancel hotels/train tickets something should have been said ages ago.

Very sloppy and unprofessional...

Alex

:brow

Ps. If something really bad had happened, surely the other dates would have been affected?

Newcastle Academy have now confirmed cancellation - 'due to band illness'. I can only presume that they are going to hold out on the other European dates to see if the situation can be rectified.

Although I'm gutted this has happened - I have 2 tix for that show - I also have tix for both Dublin shows so let's hope they will be OK. If Jeff's got strep they've probably just cancelled these to allow him tme to recover and let the other gigs happen as logistically it would be easier to get straight onto the the Euro mainland dates. It's a pisser for everyone but that's live music...

As I've got flights and hotel booked in Dublin I'm still keeping everything crossed - and that's getting really painful now!!!

yeah, I feel for all of you guys who had tix.

spoon did something similar a few weeks ago. they wiped out like 4 or 5 dates to do SNL, so who knows. Hopefully they are being cancelled for something positive, rather than negative for the band.

yea Spoon also cancelled 2 back to back nights at the 9:30 Club in DC to play one opening set for the shins at merriweather post :ohwell

I think this is pretty bad form on the part of Nonesuch. I mean, the venues/ticket sellers must have known about this at least yesterday, and still no word from the band/band's management via wilcoworld. How hard can it be to post a reason for what appears to be an abandoned national tour (albeit a handful of dates - okay, so I'm sensationalising a little here...) Am I spitting my dummy out here or is it a fair point?

what does the record label have to do with cancelling shows on a tour? (rhetorical question. the answer is nothing)

and I don't know what "spitting my dummy" means ....... but I like it!

At the Detroit show Jeff mentioned something about having strep, but he sounded fine so I didn't really think much about it.

Maybe it's gotten worse?

Hmm. Perhaps this explains the wicked cold/virus/bird-flu/mad-cow/ebola type illness that had been circulating around my family (coincidentally) since I attended a Wilco show last week in Columbus. Huh...I never suspected Wilco as the germ-source! :shifty

In all seriousness, I hope everybody is ok and gets better quickly. Sorry to you guys who had tickets to these shows....hopefully there will be makeup dates shortly. :pray

If it was a band Illness, couldn't the band have just re-schedualed maybe? Even a date next year would have been better than everybody in thr UK who has bought tickets, paid booking fees and made/paid for travel arrangements losing out!

An outright cancellation just seems a bit weird - especially with the other dates still on!?!

I loved both the London gigs in May...but seeing the setlists of late I was REALLY looking forward Manchester....only 10 days away!!!! :ohwell

yea Spoon also cancelled 2 back to back nights at the 9:30 Club in DC to play one opening set for the shins at merriweather post :ohwell

at the show last night, spoon mentioned that the booking for the show in DC with the 9:30 club was a fiasco so they are having a show tonight there for free for anyone that was at the merriweather show last night. seemed like that had something to do with the 9:30 club folks and not the spoon folks. i'm have no info re: wilco's cancellation though. i'm sure something will be up on the bands website explaining. they are usually really good about that.

Andy, if you've liked the setlist recently get your hands on the show from the 20th of October. It was the last on the US tour (methinks). A stonking 28 songs over 2.5 hours. I drove slower to work on purpose this morning so I could listen some more! Better than Kicking Television in my mind which makes this news ever more heartbreaking.

Whatever the reason, hope to see you guys back this side of the pond soon. Perhaps a date in Wales next time eh lads?

Seriously pissed off with this. Cancellation of the Newcastle date comes just 2 weeks after The Decemberists cancelled at the exact same venue...for the same reason! Site only mentions refunds, so looks like no re-scheduling anytime soon. Not surprised (but still disappointed) that Wilcoworld is slow - after all tickets had been on sale for most of these shows for a week or two before they appeared on the 'Shows' page.

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!