Manchester UK show is cancelled...

I emailed my contact at Live Nation to ask what's up (they're promoting the Brixton Show) and apparently they've been cancelled due to "conflicting schedules"...

Now, whether that's the case or not, who knows... but that's an official line.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed my contact at Live Nation to ask what's up (they're promoting the Brixton Show) and apparently they've been cancelled due to "conflicting schedules"...

Now, whether that's the case or not, who knows... but that's an official line.

Maybe they got offered Saturday Night Live, like Spoon did. :ermm

From wilcoworld:

"We are sorry to announce that due to a scheduling conflict we've had to cancel the UK portion of the November tour. The dates in Belgium, Spain and Ireland are NOT affected and will go on as scheduled. We regret any inconvenience this causes and hope to schedule new UK dates soon. In the meantime, individual promoters/venues will have refund information."

So sorry for you UKers. It truly does suck for they are in fine form right now.

I am betting they are booked for SNL

Ryan Adams just cancelled a few dates a few weeks ago & word on the street (whatever that means) was it was to do SNL. I have yet to hear that anything is confirmed yet. Who knows?

I feel for you in the UK.

I am sure they will re-book some gigs very soon.

I'll cross my fingers for you.

I doubt it's for SNL. If it's true, that means November 3, 2007 will be henceforth known as Wilcoday. They have their blistering ACL set premeiring that night and performing on a resurgant SNL. My Tivo will be notified.

I hope you in the UK get your new dates very soon. I know how much it sucks to have a Wilco show cancelled on you.

EDIT: Source that shows SNL already has a Nov. 3rd musical guest. There goes that suspicion.

this from wilcoworld........

We are sorry to announce that due to a scheduling conflict we've had to cancel the UK portion of the November tour. The dates in Belgium, Spain and Ireland are NOT affected and will go on as scheduled. We regret any inconvenience this causes and hope to schedule new UK dates soon. In the meantime, individual promoters/venues will have refund information

I doubt it's for SNL. If it's true, that means November 3, 2007 will be henceforth known as Wilcoday. They have their blistering ACL set premeiring that night and performing on a resurgant SNL. My Tivo will be notified.

I hope you in the UK get your new dates very soon. I know how much it sucks to have a Wilco show cancelled on you.

EDIT: Source that shows SNL already has a Nov. 3rd musical guest. There goes that suspicion.

Feist is on Nov 3rd

my guess is Wilco on Nov 10th w/ The Rock hosting

Ryan Adams just cancelled a few dates a few weeks ago & word on the street (whatever that means) was it was to do SNL. I have yet to hear that anything is confirmed yet. Who knows?

nope, his cancel was to film a video with cast members of some lame ass TV show (October Road maybe??) that uses a bunch of his songs

The 10th would be a bit too close for comfort to the 14th and 15th for me. Surely they wouldn't cancel a sold-out gig. Bringing my sister for her 18th as a surprise, surprise they cancelled would be an anticlimax. Sorry for you guys across the pond anyway. I'm sure they'll bring the tour over again soon

The 10th would be a bit too close for comfort to the 14th and 15th for me. Surely they wouldn't cancel a sold-out gig. Bringing my sister for her 18th as a surprise, surprise they cancelled would be an anticlimax. Sorry for you guys across the pond anyway. I'm sure they'll bring the tour over again soon

Wilcoworld says the Belgium, Spain and Ireland shows are still on, so a Nov. 10 SNL appearance looks unlikely.

"Hope to schedule new UK dates soon" doesn't sound too great to me, would have preferred "We will definitely re-schedule". But if they are re-scheduled can we still have the Newcastle date (it looked like it was a kind of last-minute addition this time around)? Wilco have to face the Geordies sooner or later. Also, anytime before June is better for me :thumbup . Child no.2 will be arriving after that, so I probably won't be coming out for 4/5 years :) .

Damn, I'm disappointed. Anyway, just to lighten the mood I'll leave you with these two notes from my 'gig history' (currently transferring from an A5 notebook to an Excel spreadsheet). From June 21, 1995 - The Jayhawks + Wilco - Wulfrun Centre, Wolverhampton; "Bumped into Jeff Tweedy & Ken Coomer of Wilco in the street, before the show, who were held spellbound by my conversational magic", and from April 9, 1997 - Wilco + Kim Richey - Wulfrun Centre, Wolverhampton; "Went backstage after show, spoke with Tweedy. Politely asked to leave dressing room when it was noticed that (my friend) Mark Holdaway was helping himself to Wilco's Pringles. Also, Jay Bennett - what a miserable t**t."