Aussie dates posted

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i went to a show at what is called 'the front room' now when it was know as the James Cabaret, back when i was 15 or so to see MxPx and The Ataris, haha. It is a really intimate venue, its gonna be great. For those interested here is a link to what it used to look like inside. I'm so glad I don't have to go to a festival like the Big Day Out to see them, festivals suck to go see good bands at. We will be able to see Jeff's whiskers. :worship :worship :worship

link I hope that link works.

I looked it up, not because I can go, but because I really really want to: 750

And it looks to be a club set up rather than a seated theater. I'm salivating with envy.

I'm with you Hodie. Seeing them in NZ would be beyond great.

I looked it up, not because I can go, but because I really really want to: 750

And it looks to be a club set up rather than a seated theater. I'm salivating with envy.

FYI, before anyone else gets too excited, the venue in Wellington is now listed as the dreaded "TBA" on Wilcoworld. Did someone realize that maybe that was too small a place? Looks like they also took down one of the Melbourne dates. :pirate

Did someone realize that maybe that was too small a place?

Gah! Too good to be true. Wellington is pretty bad for suitable venues, hence why good bands hardly ever come here. Seeing Wilco in a too-small-for-them venue would have been a treat. I hope they find an alternative rather than scrap the gig altogether.

It would beyond heartbreaking if they cancelled the Wellington gig. Town hall wouldn't be too bad...

I hope I don't have to go to Auckland for this. :dontgetit

Oh and it is too late to not get my hopes up, somewhat sad that its not gona be in a smallish venue.

How many tickets do you think they would sell in Wellington anyway? (To all wellingtonians?)

We only have 200,000 people or so in the city, and most are douche bags.

It would beyond heartbreaking if they cancelled the Wellington gig. Town hall wouldn't be too bad...

I hope I don't have to go to Auckland for this. :dontgetit

Oh and it is too late to not get my hopes up, somewhat sad that its not gona be in a smallish venue.

How many tickets do you think they would sell in Wellington anyway? (To all wellingtonians?)

We only have 200,000 people or so in the city, and most are douche bags.

We'd get truckloads of people along to a Wilco gig in Wellington (we've go to talk it up Dave, talk it up).

i wish they would hurry up and list the on sale dates. hopefully the palais do the pre-order thing they did last time, i managed to snag 5th row tickets about a week after they went on pre-sale, this time i'll be getting in as soon as possible.

is there any chance of jeff doing a solo show in melbourne? that would be awesome!!!!!

Back to the Wellington show.

I'm hoping that Wilco aren't playing as part of the two day "Rock" festival that's just been announced, which has KISS as headliners (http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU0711/S00111.htm).

That would be wrong.

So very wrong.

Haha...lets hope not. But the article says that it would be in the easter weekend which is in April. Wilco is here end of March so I think we are safe...so far so good, but i'm still worried that they haven't announced a new venue yet. :dontgetit

Haha...lets hope not. But the article says that it would be in the easter weekend which is in April. Wilco is here end of March so I think we are safe...so far so good, but i'm still worried that they haven't announced a new venue yet. :dontgetit

Easter is not in April next year, Good Friday actually falls on 21 March (http://www.ers.dol.govt.nz/holidays_act_2003/dates/2006_9.html). Man that's early. Something to do with the moon, or something.

Those crazy pagans.

the Metro in melbourne (where the buying link redirects you to) has a 2000 capacity. so looks like it wont be at the Palais. they sold the first Palais show in april and it has a 3000 capacity, so there'll probably be a 2nd melbourne show

GA at the metro too!..