Aussie dates posted

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Arrived yesterday thank goodness.

hmm, you bought yours a few hours after me, didnt you?

Don't worry Froggie I bet you get them Monday. Mine came registered post if that makes any difference.

And anyway if they don't come you can have my husbands. He loves Wilco but he also loves sitting at home in front of the soccer!

I've received an email from them, saying that they failed to process credit card orders for 4th of dec to 10th of dec, and my order fell within this period. It seems like my CC hasnt been charged yet, so I'm supposedly needing to order it again... kinda surprised no one else has gotten the same email? And others are actually getting their tickets? Little paranoid/concerned here.

i'm still waiting. add to the wait the radiohead discbox, and now arcade fire tickets... lots of waiting...

well my discbox came yesterday. and my wilco tickets came today!!!!!! now i'm just waiting for my arcade fire tickets.

hmm, this is the response i got back... getting worried here considering other people already have them

:

Hi Mende,

Your tickets were sent via registered post on Wed 12/12/07. You should have

them by now but they could be delayed in the Christmas mail. We are now

closed until Monday January 7, 2008. Please let us know then if you tickets

have still not arrived and we will track with Australia Post.

Cheers,

Emily

hmm, this is the response i got back... getting worried here considering other people already have them

:

Hi Mende,

Your tickets were sent via registered post on Wed 12/12/07. You should have

them by now but they could be delayed in the Christmas mail. We are now

closed until Monday January 7, 2008. Please let us know then if you tickets

have still not arrived and we will track with Australia Post.

Cheers,

Emily

have you called your post office? maybe someone stuffed up and didn't put the little notification card in your mail box when you weren't there to sign for registered mail . . .

hope you get it sorted soon

Back to New Zealand....

It looks like Wilco's Auckland appearance is part of the new "Bluesfest" in the Coromandel:

http://www.bluesfest.co.nz/

It's an add-on to the Aussie Blues & Roots Festival circuit, that includes the famous Byron Bay Festival.

Other first announcement acts include: Buddy Guy, KT Tunstall, Keb Mo, Ian Brown, Midge Marsden, Hollie Smith, Pluto, Little Bushman and The Checks.

Tickets go on sale on January 14.

I think I'd rather go to a Wilco-only show, and will hold out for more info on the hypothetical Wellington show...

hey rebecca,

thanks for the advice.. got the "final notice" to pick up a package today but never got the first one!.. bloody australia post!

got the tix in my hot little hand

thank the lord!

i've had this happen to me before so i had my fingers crossed it was simply oz post incompetence (usually is!)

have a happy christmas day froggie - i hope santa is kind to you!

:cheers

hey rebecca,

thanks for the advice.. got the "final notice" to pick up a package today but never got the first one!.. bloody australia post!

got the tix in my hot little hand

Hurray! Merry Christmas Froggie x

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the New Zealand dates are firming up at Wicoworld, with the Wellington venue announced as The Opera House on 24 March. Auckland gets a gig as well, between the Coromandel Bluesfest and Wellington show.

:thumbup

Just got back from getting my tickets. About half of the bottom section has been sold this morning. They're not selling the top sections until they sell more tickets though. Kinda wanted a front row upstairs. Ah well... Oh yeah, there is a cool virtual venue thing at the ticketek website if people wanna check out the wellington venue. Not to sure if my link worked on the last post, just go to ticketek.co.nz and search wilco and you'll find it. I'll try again.

NZshows

• 3 weeks later...

According to The Opera House website (http://www.theoperahouse.co.nz/) tickets have been selling well for the Wellington show, with only seats in the gallery now left.

Dave563, I agree that front row of the Dress Circle woudl have been a pretty sweet spot (I saw The Phoenix Foundation a couple of years ago in those seats), I'm pretty happy with my seats, seven rows from the front.

I think we're pretty lucky that we get to see them in a intimate venue, that has good acoustics, and a bit of style.

Only 52 days to go!