"Control" Ian Curtis story

I guess I have been MIA a bit here, sorry. I was out for surgery so perhaps this thread went right by me.

I logged back in today and most of these threads are exactly the same as they were went I was out so I figured, hey time for something new. Even the thread that does exist isn't on the first page because I did look before I posted up.

LouieB

I guess I have been MIA a bit here, sorry. I was out for surgery so perhaps this thread went right by me.

I logged back in today and most of these threads are exactly the same as they were went I was out so I figured, hey time for something new. Even the thread that does exist isn't on the first page because I did look before I posted up.

LouieB

Are you alright?

Are you alright?
Sort of.....I didn't post this all up because the "group" ain't what it was and because it seemed like a kind of blatant request for vibes and attention. The short form (and the Chicago folks knew this) is that I had another bowel resection, so yea, it was major abdominal surgery and pretty dreadful (last Thursday), but I am on the mend.

LouieB

Its a bitch getting old or having a chronic illness. Thanks. We all just have to hang in there.

Actually there is a medical component to this movie, since Curtis had epilepsy and shouldn't have been trying to live the rock life. Hell there are days just living the rock FAN life is hard enough.

LouieB

Sort of.....I didn't post this all up because the "group" ain't what it was and because it seemed like a kind of blatant request for vibes and attention.

LouieB

And...?

So what.

Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery for you man. Your like an institution round these parts: Yours was one of the first posts I think I read here back in the day. Vibes and well wishes.

I have never listened to the band in question here - did not seem like the sort of music I would listen to. I think I have seen some youtube videos of them.
I would think you might hate them, but then again maybe not. Either way I think the story is fairly compelling and was certainly shocking when the events actually occured. I don't know that I was actually waiting for them to show up in the USA, but Love Will Tear Us Apart was very different than other songs of that period and dark, dark dark.

As for burying my health news in a music thread, well, really I was not looking for any attention (I have in the past, but again that was when this was a much smaller board) and just figured I would deal with it when I felt better. There were enough people here who knew I was out of action that I figured that was enough.

LouieB

The film is really good. It does look like a set of photographs though, as you'd probably expect from Anton Corbijn.

Even if you're not a fan of the band (Aman!) then it's still a great film about music, life and love.

And Louie - glad to hear you're ok.

The film is really good. It does look like a set of photographs though, as you'd probably expect from Anton Corbijn.

Even if you're not a fan of the band (Aman!) then it's still a great film about music, life and love.

And Louie - glad to hear you're ok.

Thanks for the kind wishes.

I believe there are a number of the photographs at the exhibit at the CMA, in fact it is some of the best stuff there. (along with the Velvet Undergound film material.)

LouieB

Is it anything like the recent Kurdt Cobain film?

Which one's that?

As for the photos - yeah, Corbijn has said that Joy Division was the reason he left his home town / country and moved to the UK. He just HAD to photograph these guys. I guess that's why he ended up making the movie!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw this flick last night. It was the last night it was showing at the Music Box and it was really quite good. Worth checking out. The end takes a bit too long, but the rest of the movie is quite interesting and the the recreation of the JD songs (some are are actually JD) sounds pretty authentic.

LouieB