• 1 month later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Community can't touch the office. Hell, it can't touch 30 Rock and it's not really in the same league as The Office anymore

I don't care for 30 Rock - so I don't watch it. NBC has quite a block of comedy going on there. I have been reading reports that Steve Carell is going to quit the show after next season.

I don't care for 30 Rock - so I don't watch it. NBC has quite a block of comedy going on there. I have been reading reports that Steve Carell is going to quit the show after next season.

Let him, that is what makes the office, no one part is greater than the other.

it won't be the same show without Michael.

They are going to have to get lucky with a new personality...because Michael is the show now.

Jim and Pam stories are going to be hard and Dwight as well.

Hard to keep it going forever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I read in EW a couple of weeks ago that if Spader got the job he wouldn't be on for the whole season. I can't recall which issue, but they gave away a bit of a story arc. I'm assuming Spader gets the gig and gets fired for being too abrasive or whatever (aka big ratings for season opener curiosity), then they spend 2012 looking internally for a new manager.

Edit:

James Spader EW The Office June 24, 2011

OK. Apparently he takes over for Kathy Bates at a certain point early on and thus creates the managerial opening again. Although, he will be more present than Kathy Bates who was also on Harry's Law.