Austin City Limits tonight

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

during the first bit of heavy/drum/noise/ in Via Chicago, my dad jumped up and asked, "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!?". I told him it's a part of the song and he replied, "That's just ridiculous!"

My parents both love Via Chicago because of that, although they had to experience it in person first.

Still have a few hours before it starts here...can't wait!

it had been so long since i heard Too Far Apart that i was thinking it must be a cover. it seemed familiar but not too familiar.

haven't heard this funkier/faster version of I'm the Man...

is this the 4th ACL Wilco performance?

i know of at least three and SoundStage as well.

since they are releasing all these other artist's peformances on DVD/CD they need to put out Wilco's.

Pat looked ginchy as hell throughout, I thought. I didn't catch any windmills per se, but his slide down the fretboard during Walken made me laugh out loud. As did Jeff's bungling of the last line of Too Far Apart, in spite of it having become a bit of a scripted "goof." By about halfway through the show, everybody looked to be really enjoying themselves.

That was brilliant!!!! Too bad Hummingbird didn't make it.

Our viewing party is now over and I'm left with my first ever Wilco show captured for eternity on Texas' finest TV show and my DVR. Our crew even made out with lots of up-close crowd shot appearances. Say what you will about Pat, like it or not, he rocks.

Life is good!

is anyone brave enought o upload it, as being the UK, I have almost no hope of seeing it otherwise!!

Someone's uploading it to Usenet in the alt.binaries.hdtv newsgroup. It's the full 1080i HD stream and therefore about 5.5 GB in size. It'd make a good master for the presumed DVD torrent that will eventually be posted.

I'm sure a smaller (500-700 MB) Xvid version will show up within a day or two.

That was one of the few TV performances that really made me feel something. Probably my favourite since Neil on SNL in 1989.

Wow! That's some pretty heavy duty praise there. I'd say Neil's SNL performance was possibly the best music on TV I've ever seen. :thumbup

Am I the only one who cannot understand why they included I'm the Man Who Loves You over other songs? The pace may seem funkier, but I thought it wasn't up to par with the rest of the broadcast. For me, I can't remember Sky Blue Sky sounding this good live. I also was touched by On and On and On.

This is kind of off-topic, but there must be some OCD soul out there who could tell us how many shows in a row ITMWLY has been played. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the song I'm just completely burned out on it at this point.

This is kind of off-topic, but there must be some OCD soul out there who could tell us how many shows in a row ITMWLY has been played. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the song I'm just completely burned out on it at this point.

I'd rather hear ITMWLY every show over Hummingbird.