Austin City Limits tonight

So, I set the TiVo to record it, which it does. Fortunately I checked in on it while it was in the middle of recording and discovered that I don't get DirecTV ch. 384, and was in fact recording what appeared to be a silent moonless night as observed by a blind deaf mute. Not to worry, we get another feed on a local affiliate of PBS that is airing ACL later on on that same night.

So, this afternoon I call it up from the TiVo and what am I greeted with? A 7 minute video with an update on the Los Angeles Unified School District's payroll problems. Being an LAUSD employee, this may actually interest me later, especially since they have screwed up everyone's paycheck for the past year. After the dry-as-toast PSA I get the "We now join the show already in progress" message, and get in on I Am Your Face at the 'I have no idea how this happened' portion.

Strangely appropriate timing. But just to rub salt in my wounds the picture quality looks as though the local PBS station taped the earlier broadcast on a 15 year old VHS tape and replayed it.

Crap, crap, double crap.

:pirate

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist for the episode -

1. You Are My Face

2. Handshake Drugs

3. Side With The Seeds

4. Via Chicago

5. Impossible Germany

6. Sky Blue Sky

7. Too Far Apart

8. Hate It Here

9. Walken

10. I'm The Man Who Loves You

11. On And On And On

I'll try and post some clips this week if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Wow! That's some pretty heavy duty praise there. I'd say Neil's SNL performance was possibly the best music on TV I've ever seen. :thumbup

Well, maybe I'm getting a little carried away. It has been known to happen. :blush

Jeff may not stomp around like a mastodon on ACL, but there were some really nice moments.

Can some kind soul hook me up with a B&P of this show? Our local PBS station only showed it on the digital channel, and we're still gettin our waves thru the ole antenna. Thank you! :cheekkiss

I would also LOVE to see this.

The performance was excellent.. I can tell the months of touring has really polished their chops.. They were great when I saw them back in June, but they sounded just amazing on ACL..

Patiently waiting for someone to post a video of the performance... DVD iso would be ideal... :thumbup

I read something about those DVDs once. I think it all comes down to whether or not the artist is interested in releasing the DVD offificially and whether or not they think their performance was up to snuff. I'm sure there are other details, but I think the band and their management has a lot of say in whether or not it comes out, rather than ACL. If someone has different info on this, please correct me...

EDIT: a cool thing about an ACL dvd is it would probably have a lot of the songs on it that didn't air on the show too, along with interviews with the band maybe. And they usually release it in CD format too, which would be great.

Another EDIT: I just found this on ACL's site:

As the programs are produced for public broadcasting and commercial release is not the priority, rights obligations have made issuing the programs on CD or DVD a challenge. Not an insurmountable one, however: KLRU has recently partnered with New West Records to begin releasing selected episodes from the archives
did glenn stand up before ITMWLY?

:w00t that makes that song for me now...

Yes, he did.

I was kind of bummed this wasn't on the HD channel in the Chicago area (will be on Thursday), but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Pat is great on Walken.

"Our local PBS station only showed it on the digital channel, and we're still gettin our waves thru the ole antenna."

your "off the air" broadcast should be digital. you will just need to invest in a digital off-air tuner. the gov'ment will be issuing 40 dollars to ppl who need them when the analoag broadcasts go "bye-bye".

i btw, have a digital off-air tuner that i no longer need. i don't know where you are in KS, but I am in parkville, mo. and, you can use antennaweb.org to see what digital broadcasts you get.

here's impossible germany from ACL

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2007/11/02...imits-tomorrow/

I read something about those DVDs once. I think it all comes down to whether or not the artist is interested in releasing the DVD offificially and whether or not they think their performance was up to snuff. I'm sure there are other details, but I think the band and their management has a lot of say in whether or not it comes out, rather than ACL. If someone has different info on this, please correct me...

According to the ACL ad department, the artists themselves own the rights to the performance. It's totally their call ...

I will be happy to handle any B&P requests for this. Should have a DVD done by the time any B&P packages would arrive my way. If anyone needs anything else, check my site - The DVD Project

Yay Jesse! I was going to offer to start a tree with my Tivo'd version, but a nicely JHamm'd DVD sounds a lot better.

(And I've been very remiss about torrenting your DVDs recently. Hope to get back to that soon...)