Attention Crafty People

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

those were legwarmers dear.....and thank you! :)

if you want a pair.....PM me and we can talk color scheme....some people aren't so keen on them as they are SOOOO 80's ;)

can you make mittens, or a hat with the snowflake design? They were just so beautiful. Like one of those norweigen DAL sweaters that cost about a million dollahs.

ya know - I am embarrassed to say that I don't know how to make mittens .......

.....but I think it is time to learn.......I will see what I can find as far as a simple mitten pattern with fair isle work..... what two colors do you like?

thanks again for the nice comments :cheekkiss

ya know - I am embarrassed to say that I don't know how to make mittens .......

.....but I think it is time to learn.......I will see what I can find as far as a simple mitten pattern with fair isle work..... what two colors do you like?

thanks again for the nice comments :cheekkiss

i like green and white, or blue and white. And mittens are just like leg warmers but with a thumb, and closed at one end!! :)

One of the current knitting magazines has instructions for mittens. Here's a photo. Theres also a gorgeous pair of Norwegian-inspired ones at Knitty, but they make my head hurt. They cute, but the idea of knitting them makes me want to cry.

I've kind of put knitting on the back burner for now. I can crochet way faster so I've been making scarflettes and trying to sell them on etsy.

And who says legwarmers are out of style? My babies wear them all the time.

PD, I finally got on Ravelry, are you on it?

I think crocheting is easy but my grandma taught me when I was about 6 years old, so it's natural for me. Get the Stich n Bitch "Happy Hooker" book if you want to learn. I think those books are great for beginners.

I can crochet a scarf in about an hour and a half. It took me about a month to knit "My So Called Scarf"

Nevermind the dumb self portrait...

1525519024_221d4150f1.jpg

This one took me about 45 minutes to crochet

il_430xN.13970855.jpg

Cute cute cute! I love "My So-Called Scarf".

I'm on Ravelry; my username there is Poppymom.

What's your Etsy store URL?

They've been adding users at warp speed lately. You'll be there in no time, Reni. Brace yourself; Ravelry can take over your life.

wow! this is all so inspiring!

last weekend i dusted off my sewing machine and quilted all day. (with a short break for a cappuccino run)

i've been working on an embroidery project for a friendship quilt that's in its long range planning stage. as fall has rolled in (if only on the calendar) i'm keen to bust out the yarn!

kate! i knitted the messenger bag in the "knitting for peace" book you sent. i finished knitting it in JUNE but got around to felting it last weekend. i have to give it another cycle or two in the washer, but it's looking fab!