Attention Crafty People

Maudie, your mom's one fast knitter! What's the final measurement on that scarf?

(Ahem. I made an ugly skirt that's two times too big. This is why I knit instead of sew.)

not only that but you seemed to have made it out of cardboard or something. How is it that it stands up on its own?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's actually a lovely cotton. I was wearing the skirt over my pants so that the static electricity would help hold it up. That, and sheer force of will, which is how I usually keep my pants on.

It's actually a lovely cotton. I was wearing the skirt over my pants so that the static electricity would help hold it up. That, and sheer force of will, which is how I usually keep my pants on.

Caliber has a hard time keeping his pants on as well. I think that is a subject for a wholly different thread though.

I've been working on the skirt this evening. Unfortunately, I went too far in the other direction and now it looks like it came from the book "Sew What? Ass Hooker Skirts".

My husband likes it. I'd rather not go around in public looking like an extra from a Sir Mix-a-Lot video.

My husband likes it. I'd rather not go around in public looking like an extra from a Sir Mix-a-Lot video.

The hell you say! That's my fondest wish!

Maudie, your mom's one fast knitter! What's the final measurement on that scarf?

She is an insanely fast knitter! In between working on that one, she whipped out cable-knit wool scarves (in a lovely charcoal) for myself and my three sisters, and also for me, a very nice but pretty much non-functional scarf out of a green and pink ribbony stuff.

The pattern called for 6 or 7 needles, but she said since she knits pretty tight, she used 8s. And it was supposed to be about 12-14 inches across (I didn't measure, but I'd say that's about right; and knowing her, she measured!). The pattern also said it should reach from the floor, loop around the neck and back down as far as the waist, and then loop back around the neck and down to the floor again. We tried it on my brother-in-law, who's maybe 5'9", and that was about right on him.

The best part of watching her knit it was hearing my grandmother tell her she was crazy every step of the way.

And Robin, I love the skirt! :lol

I've been working on the skirt this evening. Unfortunately, I went too far in the other direction and now it looks like it came from the book "Sew What? Ass Hooker Skirts".

:rotfl

currently, i am sporting some flannel pj bottoms i made. 2 nights in, verdict: a-ok!

And Robin, I love the skirt! :lol

You want it? :cheekkiss

:rotfl

currently, i am sporting some flannel pj bottoms i made. 2 nights in, verdict: a-ok!

That's right. Just rub it in.

Despite the tightness of the skirt, I decided to forge ahead and make the elastic waistband casing, since I've never done that before. And I did it! Unfortunately, I did it backwards, so the seams are now on the outside.

The skirt is going to be turned into pillows. Square, I can sew.