The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to a link on the homepage of ryanadamsarchive.com their new album called "Cardinology" (and billed as a Cardinals album [not RA and the Cardinals]) will be out October 27th. This info comes from a British website and since records come out on Mondays over there, and the 27th is a Monday, it seems like a possibility. Although there is some discrepancies over the veracity of it all, so this is just a heads up. Could be jumping the gun here.

does anyone know who the user "dubstar" is on the RAA board?

he seems to be either one of the band members or someone that works with them.

he confirms the date and that Tom Schick (who recorded JCN and Cold Roses) produced it, but does not confirm that title.

i was looking up his albums on wiki and came across what Courtney Love said about his Rock n' Roll album.

did he ever respond to any of that?

she said he stole $858k from her (and kurt's) daughter via credit cards and used that to make RnR.

http://stereogum.com/archives/wheres-the-b...s-b_011141.html

ya know, I had never listen to this album, well, maybe once, before reading this article, now I find myself listening to it all of the time. :pirate the songs like 'Burning Photographs,' 'Wish You Were Here,' 'Anybody Wanna Take Me Home' and 'So Alive' are great rock songs despite what the haters say.

I take everything with a grain of salt from Courtney Love. But still....lot of dough.

EDIT: and, by the way, it will be a happy day for me when the general public learns the difference between "your" and "you're" (Looking at you Ms. Love). IMO, nothing like a rant with bad grammar to make a person look bad.

I found this on the Ryan Adams message board:

Thread link

1. Born into a Light

2. Go Easy

3. Fix It

4. Magick

5. Cobwebs

6. Let Us Down Easy

7. Crossed Out Name

8. Natural Ghost

9. Sink Ships

10. Evergreen

11. Like Yesterday

12. Stop

The cover is pretty sweet. black background with a neon blue Cardinals logo (like the one on Brad's drumset). at the top in white lettering it says "Ryan Adams and the Cardinals: Cardinology' "

The vinyl edition will include a free download and an extra 7" single (almost for the first orders).

I have seen the cover and the cardinology logo in the only image on it.

I can

Ryan Adams Applies 'Cardinology' To New CD

September 19, 2008 , 12:00 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Ryan Adams and his band the Cardinals will release a new album, "Cardinology," Oct. 28 via Lost Highway. First single "Fix It" will be available digitally Tuesday (Sept. 23) and will hit radio on Oct. 7.

Fans who order the album on vinyl will receive a special 7-inch single as a bonus, as well as a download code for an MP3 version of "Cardinology." The song "Stop" will appear in the Sept. 30 episode of the A&E series "The Cleaner."

The set was recorded at New York's Electric Lady Studios and produced by the band with Tom Schick. It's the follow-up to 2007's "Easy Tiger," which has sold 217,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The band is on tour in North America through mid-October and has also booked a two-week U.K. run beginning Nov. 8 in Dublin. An Oct. 29 performance on CBS' "The Late Show With David Letterman" is also confirmed.

Meanwhile, Adams' first book, "Infinity Blues," will be released March 16 via Akashic Books. Pre-orders, which begin Oct. 6 on Akashic's site, include an autographed hardcover volume.

Here is the track list for "Cardinology":

"Born Into a Light"

"Go Easy"

"Fix It"

"Magick"

"Cobwebs"

"Let Us Down Easy"

"Crossed Out Name"

"Natural Ghost"

"Sink Ships"

"Evergreen"

"Like Yesterday"

"Stop"

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokings...ks-football.php

Ryan Adams Talks Football

September 19, 2008 10:38 AM

Photo: Getty

Last year we took a vacation to Mexico, and though we had our iPod, the only CD we had was an advance copy of Ryan Adams & the Cardinals' Easy Tiger. Driving around, we played that shit constantly, and decided that -- with cuts like "Goodnight Rose," "Two," "Rip Off" and the heartbreaker, "I Taught Myself How To Grow Old" -- it was the greatest Adams disc ever.

On October 28th Adams & the Cardinals will release Cardinology, which they describe as, "a concise and focused collection of unadorned gems."

When we got back from Mexico we hung out with Adams in New York City, and joined him and the Cardinals at a gig in West Virginia.

We asked why he called the band the Cardinals, and his response was amazing! It turns out that Adams always wanted to be on his high school football team, the Jacksonville Cardinals.

Click more to read the amusing tale of Ryan's gridiron aspirations.

Why is the band called the Cardinals?

We didn

So, this is a Ryan Adams & the Cardinals or a Cardinals album?

Apparently the cover is going to say Ryan Adams & the Cardinals. I heard before that it was only going to be Cardinals but the description of the artwork goes against that.

Apparently the cover is going to say Ryan Adams & the Cardinals. I heard before that it was only going to be Cardinals but the description of the artwork goes against that.

Yeah I heard the same thing.

Oh well. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I think a Cardinals album would've been cool. Not sure why.

Yeah I heard the same thing.

Oh well. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I think a Cardinals album would've been cool. Not sure why.

I agree. But I have a feeling, knowing how I like to keep a single artist grouped together in my iPod, I'd probably spend the time to re-tag those "Cardinals" to "Ryan Adams and the Cardinals" songs anyway. :rolleyes @ self

I would bet that it his name on the contract only - the guys in the band are just hired hands. I am actually surprised he has not replaced them yet - if one looks at his track record with regards to the people he has had playing with him. As I recall, people were not that crazy about Easy Tiger (much like Sky Blue Sky). It will be interesting to see how the new one goes over.