Dublin 15 Nov 07

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, if you send the guy a message on youtube i'm sure he'll answer you!

How did you end up standing there? Vicar street friends in high places?

Was in there both nights taking some pix for skyArts (business and pleasure you understand! - my stuff will be up sometime tomorrow on SkyArts.co.uk) - normally its three songs before photographers have to move out but the guys knew me and very kindly allowed me to stay on the second night (I owe you one guys). My wife was there too but out of view sitting on the step at the back of the barrier.

great to be so closeup - noticed when Pat was doing his Townsend windmilling at the end on Outtasite he was about six inches from the strings!

Everyone was very chilled afterwards - the guys (though I didn't ask Jeff this) reckoned they wouldnt be back in the UK til towards the end of 2008.

For the record Jeff says he's listening to and liking Animal Collective right now and had a bit of rant against some of the UK retro magazines (like Mojo and Uncut) though he likes Q and said there are piles of all of them lying around the Wilco loft.

Just got back after these shows - absoolutelyfeckinamazing. We were up at the soundboard on the first night which was cool but were stuck in the constant traffic to and from bar and toilets, so we elected for down the front for the second night - just fantastic.

Struck by just how much the band were enjoying themselves and the sense of energy they create amongst themselves that really flowed of the stage and into the crowd. Too many highlights to point out here - many of which have been written about already - but just being able to be there for those two nights was highlight enough.

I see there's been a few moans about a-holes in the audience, but we were really lucky and I thought that the crowd was actually really respective of the band and not making too much noise and dissing everyone. Thanks for that Dublin.

So six shows this year - I wonder how many we'll see in 2008?

YOU WERE NOT IN FRONT OF JOHN THE ENTIRE GIG, YOU WERE IN FRONT OF ME!!! I QUED UP, WITH LOADS OF TIME TO SPARE, JUST SO I COULD GET A GOOD VANTAGE POINT, AND YOU STROLLED STRAIGHT PAST ME JUST COS UR SOME SKY BLOKE!! I WAS LEFT LOOKING AT THE BACK OF UR HEAD INSTEAD!!!!!

:realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hillyfaekilli...57603238210819/

Hey all link above to my quite bad photos of Thursday evening. You may be in some of them !!!!

Anyway absolutely STU-PEND-OUS show from beginning to end. Judges wig, cuddly toys being thrown at Glenn,Jeff giving the finger to the VW guy, Jeff at the end of one song thanking everyone for coming even those sanctamonious pricks also !! (i'm sure that's what i heard) Nels guitar wizardry, the huge grins on everyones faces all evening. SIMPLY THE BEST CONCERT ever. :worship

YOU WERE NOT IN FRONT OF JOHN THE ENTIRE GIG, YOU WERE IN FRONT OF ME!!! I QUED UP, WITH LOADS OF TIME TO SPARE, JUST SO I COULD GET A GOOD VANTAGE POINT, AND YOU STROLLED STRAIGHT PAST ME JUST COS UR SOME SKY BLOKE!! I WAS LEFT LOOKING AT THE BACK OF UR HEAD INSTEAD!!!!!

:realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad

sorry mate, you should have asked me to move an inch or two.

I was working alas, and here's the review with pics

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/SkyArts/Music/art...aspx?artid=5112

That's a little harsh, how many people in here or wilco fans or any other fans for that matter would have turned down his place?

I'm sure it was extremely annoying for you, but you could still hear what was happening, i hope ir didn't ruin an amazing gig for you,

t

Calm down.

Well, finally recovering from a great trip to Ireland. Getting to see Wilco on our last night was brilliant!

We loved the venue, and especially the balcony seats we were lucky enough to get.

If you were there and saw two people in the center balcony dancing during the entire show, that was us.

Love the venue layout with the bars outside the main room. And in the balcony you could dance and still not be a bother to those sitting behind you. Got to have pints and chat with my girlfriends cousins and some other nice folks prior to the show.

The set was perfect for us. It was our 6th show of the SBS Tour and my girl finally got to hear Theologians. :worship

Ireland and all the people there are just the best. Hope to see you all again soon.

Hey Chris - thanks for the link to the skyarts site. Nice photos and I think I can even see myself in your vid. I was there just behind you with a mate of mine - you might remember he got you to swipe him a bottle of water from the stage? :)

As for that Jimbo guy - quit being such a whiner. The crowd were the most easy going and accomodating I ever seen and if you'ld wanted to you coulda moved.

Now all we need is a torrent of the show!

God I wish the UK shows hadn't been cancelled. I am delighted you all had a good time, from the comments and photos these seem like incredible concerts, but my heart is broken at missing out... :ohwell

Your Liverpool avatar remined me of the really cool Wilco scarf my girl bought me at the Dublin show which states "You never rock alone" and "Wilco, since 1994".

Did anyone else pick one of these up? Or have they been around awhile and I just never noticed?

really cool Wilco scarf my girl bought me at the Dublin show which states "You never rock alone" and "Wilco, since 1994".

I got one at the Barcelona show and it is really cool (and warm too!). Just right for what looks like being a very cold winter. I don't know if it's an old favourite either.

Your Liverpool avatar remined me of the really cool Wilco scarf my girl bought me at the Dublin show which states "You never rock alone" and "Wilco, since 1994".

Did anyone else pick one of these up? Or have they been around awhile and I just never noticed?

Is that what it said on the scarf? Feck that! Would definitely have bought one if I'd known that. D'oh! :frusty