Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The young girl in Don’t Let Go has a dog named Wilco. The film was directed by Jacob Aaron Estes who also directed Mean Creek which featured Pot Kettle Black. She calls out for him quite a few times, so I know it wasn’t my imagination.

• 1 month later...

I had to visit the dentist for a crown this afternoon. During the portion where they had to drill out the cavity, between bursts of drilling sounds I heard the unmistakeable groove of 'Everyone Hides'. Just as I got excited there was more drilling. It was like the 'Less Than You Think' remix of the song.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to hear Wilco every time I left the house when I was living in a 98+% white neighborhood in the late stages of gentrification.

Since moving two years ago to an area that is much more diverse, probably majority black, and far less affluent, I have not heard Wilco a single time.  

That's not surprising in the least, but what is interesting to me is that I work next to a college campus, and I have never heard Wilco when I go out for lunch or coffee.  Wilco seems like it'd be a happy medium between college students and office workers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just heard love is everywhere (beware) in a Corona commercial. On tv. On account of I’m still not hardly going out. On account of the virus. 

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I decided to make Netflix Original Films my theme for November. I watched Sand Castle last night and was surprised when Jesus, Etc. was playing through the main character’s headphones. The film is set in 2003 at the beginning of the Iraq War. 

• 3 months later...

How about Wilco Heard While You’re At Home Bingeing Absolute Trash TV?

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81021929?s=i&trkid=13747225&vlang=en&clip=81560897

The first five minutes of Space Force, Season 2, Episode 6. 

(I’m in a fife and drum band, and I’d heard before that Steve Carrell was, too. I watched the first minute, and then spent 20 minutes sending it to all my band mates, before coming back to watch the NEXT few minutes. I was not expecting that reveal!:dance:lol)

• 2 weeks later...