Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

Was this the same girl that appears to "read" high-brow books?

no, different bus lines, that would be "faker" you're referring to. :) i hadn't seen this girl on the bus before, but it was earlier than my regular morning commute. she also had "She Belongs To Me" by bob. I was tempted to tell her we had similar tastes in music, but thought that might be stalker-esque.

I heard Wilco in a pretty odd place tonight.

"Please be Patient With Me" was played while I was eating dinner at Oceanique, a fairly upscale seafood restaurant in Evanston, Ill.

Not only was it an unexpected song, it was an unexpected place to hear Wilco.

They were also playing older Sigor Ros.

Arrived half hour early at the Goodman Theatre ( Chicago ) production of 'Gas for Less' of the 6 tracks I heard while waiting for the play to begin three were Wilco-What Light, Ashes and Blue-eyed Soul. I was psyched. Wish the play was as good as the music leading into it!

this is pseudo "out and about": i just discovered Paste radio on itunes and have it going today. just got back to my desk and "Impossible Germany" is playing. :)

--

edit: am really LOVING Paste radio, today "Shot in the Arm" although I am sure this is old news and I'm late to the party.

Along the lines of "old news" and "late to the party," I'm watching an episode from season 1 of Grey's and just heard Hummingbird.

"Impossible Germany", at Sears. Shoppers and clerks were noticeably withering during the guitar solo...

:lol

not really music, but a car in front of me (i guess i should note it was a VW...) had a wilco sticker on the bumper. made my day!

A girl in front of me threw a few bits into the jukebox about a week ago and one of her songs ended up being I'm the Man Who Loves You. I didn't even think to see if Wilco was on the playlist, but I did play the first three songs from the new DBTs record.

In other news, I think I have a new favourite bar!

One of my Sunday visits to the local Longhorn Steak house...

I was thinking, listening to the tunes,

how great it would to be to hear Wilco playing....

About 3 songs later...

I think to myself, I know that song,

OMG it's 'Pick Up The Change' :dancing

Yesterday I head both "New Madrid" (UT) and "California Stars" in a Chipotle. I guess what Jeff said in his interview was correct: it's impossible to go into a Chipotle and not hear Wilco.

chipotle plays great music. heard Tom Waits and The Band in there sunday.

Ever notice....When u go to a local bar and look up artists there is never any Wilco. Then you look under super search and type in Wilco and all their albums perk up??? I ponder why wouldn't they just put them under artists, they are fantastic!!! Why should you have to use super search to find such a great band. Anyways, I always play a few tunes once I find them:)

I've heard Wilco or Uncle Tupelo in just about every establishment I frequent in Columbia. Go figure.

The best was when "Whiskey Bottle" was playing in Shakespeare's Pizza while I was drinking whiskey and sitting under the fabled "Liquor, Guns, and Ammo" sign (which used to be out on the highway and is referenced in the song).

Americana meets All-American

When I stopped in to get some soft serve cones for my daughters today, we heard 'Impossible Germany' playing in McDonald's.

I picked up the phone and my girls were all embarassed, "MOMMA, who are you calling?"...lol I said "No one, I'm just texting a few friends." It was my DUTY to spread the word...lol

Last night at Steppenwolf theatre's production of Superior Donuts by Tracey Letts they closed with Wilco. The play, set in Uptown, is about a boomer struggling to keep hold of his life , business and meaning in the changing society. He's let things slip and passively watched his life go by until an act of violence causes him to wake and take action. The Wilco song they played as we exited -Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (Again).Pretty Damn Perfect.

Funny, the set had a window out into the street, there was snow , it was set in Uptown and I had been thinking about how much I enjoyed the Riv experience last winter- the shows and those around me at the shows but also the waiting in line with other fans. And the anticipation for the next show...and anyway There was Wilco. I wonder if anyone involved with the production had been at the Riv shows?