Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

I didn't hear any Wilco, but Wilco was stalking me! (Stick with me on this one.)

The other day I'm at the Fashion Square Mall in Sherman Oaks (what an oxymoron, by the way. Is it fashion or is it square?) so that they could play on the indoor playground. After a while I looked up and noticed a gigantic line of people upstairs and eventually clued in that they were all there to get the new iPhone at the Apple store. Hmm, whatever. Didn't think anything much else about it.

Cut to the other day I go to check on Mike Jorgenson's blog (yes, he has one, and it is the correct Mike Jorgenson) and he has this very brief posting:

Friday, July 11, 2008

Apple is giving out free cookies to peope waiting on line at the Apple store in Sherman Oaks

!

posted by Mikael at 6:37 PM

:blink

This is pretty much the opposite of "out and about", but Wilco is mentioned in the "One Handed Read" section (yeah, it's what you think it is) in this month's Bust magazine. :huh

This is pretty much the opposite of "out and about", but Wilco is mentioned in the "One Handed Read" section (yeah, it's what you think it is) in this month's Bust magazine. :huh

This is awesome in a couple different ways!

I was at PetSmart with the dog and kid yesterday, and what did we hear? Nothingsever....

Must be on some recently distributed mix tapes -- I saw that several posters above also heard it at chains.

My word, I love Bust! Still need to get the new issue.

There was a guy loitered at my favorite coffeehouse recently, and he played a bit of "California Stars" on the store's acoustic guitar. I refrained from singing.

In the set break between Elvis Costello and the Police last night, there was some weird video sequence on the screens, and for a while I thought the music was synched to the video, but it wasn't. It was nearly all '80s music ... except for "Heavy Metal Drummer." :stunned

I was just at Short's Brewing in Michigan and they played the whole Summerteeth album while I drank my beer sampler.

Wow. Pretty sure that's what heaven is. Conversely, I'm in hell studying for the bar right now, and when I read that I got so jealous I felt like I was going to puke.

WTF? She's letting him take the Wilco albums??!!! Idiot.