Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

at the barnes and noble where i work, sometimes they play this "folk" station... and they play dylan, uncle tupelo, and some mermaid ave tracks. pretty sweet. i flipped when i heard new madrid on the clock.

"Muzzle of Bees" at Wal-Mart, because I was singing it to myself after work tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

"Jesus Etc." in my van with no music on. My daughter just started singing the lyrics without realizing what she was singing.

She told me the lyrics had been stuck in her head ALL day at school :D

Via Chicago (Kicking Television version) was playing on the radio as I was leaving for the grocery store today. Awesome, especially cause I'm the program director of the station (college radio is awesome ;) )

are you talking about the 88.1 station? ever since I got that radio connection thingy for my ipod, I've stopped listening to the radio but I may need to start again!

I took my kids to Friendly's for dinner the other day and heard "Impossible Germany" piped into our booth.

They've actually been playing it for almost a year now. That and taking one of my younger friends (who works at Friendly's) to a show in June 2007 helped turn him into a fan. He went to the festival in August in CA this year :thumbup

are you talking about the 88.1 station? ever since I got that radio connection thingy for my ipod, I've stopped listening to the radio but I may need to start again!

WKNC (88.1 FM) is my go-to radio station when I'm in the mood for radio. (iPod takes precendence.)

I've requested "I'm a Wheel" several times while barreling down I-40 on the commute home!

Cheers,

Kevin

I was in the Poughkeepsie NY Borders, and when I was ready to leave disappointed (worst Borders I've ever seen) Jesus etc came on so i looked around a bit more just cause Wilco was playing

Used to be an awesome record store on Academy Street, but no more. Have you been to Rhino Records in New Paltz?

• 2 weeks later...

"Kamera" started playing as I walked into Noodles & Co. on Friday. I'm sure they planned it. Free birthday noodles + Wilco. Yes!

I hear Wilco EVERYTIME I'm at Denny's...it's either "Impossible Germany" or "Hate It Here". I've also heard "A Shot In the Arm" at the Thousand Oaks Mall and "Theologians" at Linens 'n' Things.

Weird...I'm in Denny's just about every week and I have YET to hear them, maybe they don't play them in the middle of the night...idk

*sigh*

Weird...I'm in Denny's just about every week and I have YET to hear them, maybe they don't play them in the middle of the night...idk

*sigh*

Well if you're ever in SoCal be sure to hit the Denny's in Newbury Park....any time of the day, you will not be disappointed