Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I attended game #2 of the NLDS (Phillies/Brewers) at Citizens Bank Park in Phila. last Thursday I forget what inning it was. C.C. Sabathia walked Pat Burrell and they played "Walken" as he trotted down to 1st base.

I coerced the folks at Okla. State to do that at baseball games this past spring. It was great! :thumbup

My best friend told me she heard 'Sky Blue Sky' at The Container Store the other day.

And I heard 'Kamera' at Longhorn today while I just so happened to be wearing a Wilco tee AND sweatshirt :rock

Guest Hollinger.

While I was at Jimmy John's the other day, both At My Window Sad And Lonely AAAAAAND Ashes Of American Flags came on, but not consecutively. As Ashes came on, a guy came out of the back room and said "Hell yeah, today must be Wilco day." to no one in particular.

I've heard wilco tunes at various Milwaukee Alterra coffee shops...among other very delicious artists and baked goods and coffee (1st post - it's great to be here - look forward to some good conversation)

Many times I've been to the Alterra on Humboldt when they've queued up a good 2-hour long Wilco mix. It's fabulous!

"That's not the issue" last night @ Chipotle.

"Sky blue sky" today on mpr.org (but they always play good music).

I also hear Wilco all the time at the goodwill. There's a guy who has his ipod hooked up to the speakers when he works, and he has very nice taste in music. It's like the double bonus shopping experience. :dancing

I heard Jeff's solo version of "The Thanks I Get" from Sunken Treasure on a radio station today in central Pennsylvania. I think it was a local high school station, but I'm not sure. Regardless, I was amazed.

Central PA was playing Wilco/Tweedy? I can't chit for stations in central PA. Hell, I can generally only pick up two or three stations period for most of US 219 (though I suspect you were on 15). Where were you so I can be a bit more attentive in looking for stations next time....

Heard fucking MERMAID AVENUE playing in a restaurant the other day. If you knew where I lived you'd realize how amazing that is. Turns out one of the waiters was getting geared up for the Neil Young/Wilco show this weekend. Or as I like to call it, the WILCO/Neil Young show :) Will post full deets and pics on Sunday.

Central PA was playing Wilco/Tweedy? I can't chit for stations in central PA. Hell, I can generally only pick up two or three stations period for most of US 219 (though I suspect you were on 15). Where were you so I can be a bit more attentive in looking for stations next time....

I was near Hershey, and the station was 88.7. If I remember correctly, it's a really eclectic high school station out of Middletown, but it doesn't broadcast too far. The rest of the dial around here is crap, except when I can get WXPN, either faintly on its main station at 88.1 or at 89-something for the Harrisburg station.

Not sure where to post this, but while in Old Navy (Old Orchard) earlier tonight, I didn't hear Wilco. However, I did see Tweedy and his family shopping for clothes. It was rather surreal to see him in there, it's not like it was in the city or anything. I didn't say anything, because he probably wouldn't want to be bothered while with his family-especially while shopping.