Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

at the Inaugural Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert at the Lincoln Memorial, before the concert started, they played pre-recorded videos and songs for those of us waiting to watch the show. "What Light" was played.

My girlfriend and I are fans of the show Top Chef and we celebrated our anniversary by going to Tom Colicchio's restaurant, Craft. As we were walking in, "My Darling" was playing on the sound system. After a few minutes at the bar, we were seated and, over the din, I could pick out "Via Chicago!"

Two Summerteeth songs on the playlist? It was a nice addition to a really fabulous meal.

a couple of days ago, Impossible Germany was bumper music during "Morning Addition"

This morning on the way to drop my kiddo off at school I heard a solo violin playing a familiar song during the local weather (NPR/Morning Edition)...and realized it was Summerteeth. :stunned

This past Friday night (1/23) my wife took our 2 oldest boys to Sports Authority to look for cleats for this baseball season while I took care of our 2 youngest kids. She called me from the store and told me that my 10-year-old wanted me to know they were playing Wilco at Sports Authority. She said "It was something about a fast walker." I've never been prouder of my son!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really out and about at the time but at a hotel in NYC this past weekend while watching 'The Upside of Anger' (2005 -Kevin Costner/Joan Allen) 'Passenger Side' was playing almost in it's entirety during a scene where one of the four daughters was talking to the "new kid" in school who was from Chicago.

"California Stars" on kids' nite at Mexico Joe's restaurant, Stillwater, Okla.

Over the din of diners dining and chomping chips and salsa I heard those faint, familiar chords and told my young girls to listen closely, Wilco is in the air ...

this probably doesn't count, but i'll post it anyway, :).

MINI has an advertisement in Pandora to promote the new-redesigned convertible. there are four MINI stations you can choose with the ad, sunshine, stormy, snowy, and night. Each station plays a completely different type of music (sunshine gave me Steely Dan). The snowy station just played "Red-eyed and Blue".

I know you can create your own wilco pandora station, but since it is part of the MINI ad, that means someone went in and set something so bands like wilco would pop up in the snowy station. MINI knows the way to my heart.

• 4 weeks later...

so lastnight went downtown to see the screening of Ashes... afterwards we went to a bar on the corner to meet my friend & they played various Wilco for about an hour! I had to explain to him that I never hear them out & and that it was a pretty big deal for me.