Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

Guest Speed Racer
From the Department of Redundancy Department: Chipotle.

This time it was "Passenger Side" ...

What is it with burritos and AM?

:twitchsmile

I go to Chipotle more than I'd like to admit, and I think I've heard every track off of A.M. and Disc 1 of Being There while getting my veggie fajita burrito.

Impossible Germany heard overhead while shopping at a Wegmans Food Market near Binghamton, NY.

That's funny -- Impossible Germany plays just about every time I go into the P&C Market on East Hill in Ithaca. I've heard it 5 or 6 times in there now.

Guest Speed Racer
EVERY time I go into Chipotle on the U of M campus in Minneapolis its Being There...

I go to Chipotle more than I'd like to admit, and I think I've heard every track off of A.M. and Disc 1 of Being There while getting my veggie fajita burrito.

I only hear A.M. at the Chipotle in the Skyway; the Stadium Village burrito runs count for my Being There 'sightings.' :lol

I just went out for a cup of coffee and there was a guy playing guitar outside my building. He was playing the Late Greats when I went out and California Stars when I came back. I gave him $2.

:thumbup

WXRT in Chicago played "You Never Know" this morning as part of New Releases Thursday by morning DJ Tom Marker, who mentioned that he really liked the song. He also said he would play "The Jolly Banker" a bit later today.

I'm not sure, but I think that this should be posted in the Wilco heard while you were out thread....

but that is pretty cool nonetheless

My neighbor from across the street said he heard I was a Wilco fan and brought a burned copy of the new album over. That has never happened. I think this leak has now reached critical mass.

The day after the leak, three of my former students emailed me to ask my opinion. I guess they took something away from American Literature!

Guest Hollinger.
This isn't out and about, but I was watching some slasher flick, and this guy put on a 7" single, and inexplicably my ears were filled with the Tweedy solo demo version of "At My Window Sad and Lonely".

The Strangers had some really great music in it. Tweedy, Gillian Welch, Joanna Newsom, Richard Buckner, Merle Haggard...

Dad-rock alert!!!! This story contains references to Wilco and golf.....

Location was South Head Golf course, about 45 mins out of Auckland, NZ, on a beautiful sunny mid-week afternoon (when i would normally be at work). A casual game of golf with a couple of mates, a few beers in the bag to make sure we stayed well hydrated, the course virtually to ourselves (we didn't see another group the whole afternoon) and, for a non-golfer, i was playing like a champ. So all in all a very pleasant afternoon that i didn't think could get much better....

The course is out the back of beyond, surrounded by farms and overlooking Kaipara Harbour. A really nice spot but literally in the middle of nowhere and really quiet and peaceful...

With a few holes to play the idyll was interrupted by the unmistakable opening bars of "Can't Stand it", blasting from a house somewhere in the valley the golf course sits in. This guy/gal had some serious stereo gear because it was LOUD!!! They proceeded to play the whole album, so a great afternoon got even better because i got to finish the walk to the sound of one of my favorite albums. The golf deteriorated thereafter - no reflection on ST as an album i don't think..... more likely the beer

They played HMD in the intro of The Heads up Poker Tournament this weekend.

They also used Spiders going into a commercial...

While sitting and waiting for the b/f to arrive for our lunch date I was flipping channels and Boston's local indie station had this SCREEAAAMMMING going on and I was like I know that! Who is that?!? And then I was like "HOLY CRAP!!! It's 'I'm A Wheel'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN the b/f shows up and is telling me how the CD player wasn't working in his work truck today but guess what he heard on his way to meet me...I gleefully said 'I'm A Wheel'!!!! And then we high-fived...it was pretty dorky but VERY, VERY COOL!!! :thumbup

For the record, neither of us have ever heard it played in the radio before today.

Watching TV right now and the trailer for "Funny People" just came on and "Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway" was in it.

I saw that too.

Passed a WILCO gas station for the first time this week driving from NY to FL.