Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

I was in my car when I heard the new Wilco album for the first time. I pulled up behind a car with this Wilco sticker on the bumper. I just thought that was interesting because that's the first time I've ever seen a Wilco sticker on a car in my town.. Kind of ironic.

AAAAC-n0g6cAAAAAABdAVg.jpg

I was in my car when I heard the new Wilco album for the first time. I pulled up behind a car with this Wilco sticker on the bumper. I just thought that was interesting because that's the first time I've ever seen a Wilco sticker on a car in my town.. Kind of ironic.

I have that t-shirt!

Ironic because you were thinking "I shall never see a Wilco bumpersticker on a car in my town as I'm listening to Wilco" at the time?

Heard 'You Never Know' again on XRT this morning. It's making my commute ever so sweet.

I think I heard this same broadcast. It was the first time I heard anything from the new album. Some George Harrision mixed in with ? and the Mysterians....

LouieB

I have that shirt also, and I never once thought about the hissing radiator tunes connection. I'm the slowest Wilco fan in the world.

Since you already fessed up, I never put the 2 together either!

• 3 weeks later...

I heard You Never Know at a local steakhouse establishment known as T-Bones. I assume that they use satellite radio.

In the same town, down the road, at the local Burger King they played Impossible Germany as soon as I walked in. Pretty weird.

I told the girl behind the counter "Wow, Burger King is playing my favorite band." To which she looked at the giant menu behind her and looked back at me with a deer in headlights look. :huh

Kristofor

PS I forgot to reveal my location...ha....Hudson, NH.

I'm not quite sure whether to post this here or in the "You know you are obsesed with all things Wilco" thread. So I finally upgraded my hamster-wheel powered PC tonight and towards the end of the purchase the salesman tried to sell us on some new speakers. His sales pitch included bringing up a Youtube video of Journey. (Not a strong selling ponit for my husband). So, I suggested that if he played Wilco I might consider it. So, for 10 minutes "You are My Face" was playing loud and clear over 3 computer screens. (It was the only one I could think of in the spur of the moment). The salesman just kept turning it up more and more at my request to get the full effect of the speakers. unaware of my alternative leanings. In the end, we decided not to get them, but I couldn't help but smile as I walked out of the store. my mission of spreading the word of Wilco accomplished!