Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

Movie-related Wilco-related sighting...

Sunshine Cleaning is tragic/funny little indie film reminiscent of Little Miss Sunshine. Especially with precocious little kids in the story, fucked up adults, and Alan Arkin reprising his role of the crotchety streetwise old dad/grandpa.

Anyway - pretty good film and good sountrack. It opens up with the Golden Smog tune Cure For This, that Marc Perlman wrote. (and which I don't think Jeff plays on)

Walked into a Dunkin' Donuts on sunday morning with my boy to hear "You Never Know" playing, realizing that the 3 guys behind the counter were listening to the whole album. I told them I was calling the feds because of they broadcasting illegal copywrited materials, the guy said it was ok, because he had tickets to Lowell. Had a laugh for a few and my boy walked out with a free box of donut holes. It pays to be a Wilco fan now and again

Wilco (the album) is the cd of the week on 89.7 WTMD. On the drive in to work yesterday, You and I followed by Solitaire was played. And today, got to hear You Never Know. Nice way to start out the day!

Edit: One more to add...One Wing was played before Patterson Hood and The Screwtopians took to the stage in DC!

This happened a couple years ago, but I heard Heavy Metal Drummer at Fenway Park. Then Clay Buchholz threw a no-hitter. Needless to say, it was an awesome night.

you just reminded me at a phillies game at citizens bank park they played "walken" when somebody walked. clever.

I was flying back from the Red Rocks show this afternoon and the Bose Kiosk in the Denver Airport was playing "Bull Black Nova" (actually the entire new album, just happened to be on that song). The girl working was also wearing her Wilco shirt she bought at last nights show.

I just sat through the one of the boring movies of all time, Ghost Town, then with about 10 minutes to go in the movie I heard a familiar guitar piece softly emanating from the background. Low and behold as the music grew louder I realized that the music was "Please Be Patient with Me". My wife didn't believe me until Jeff's voice kicked in. Bad movie, great song.

Guest Speed Racer

Was at Chipotle last Tuesday (6/30) and I was talking to my friend about how it was the album release date. He was giving me shit about being a Wilco fan while "Moonshiner," and "Promising" played in the background. After "Moonshiner" he said, "That's a good song." "Promising" finished he said, "God, they play good music here." :lol I didn't have the heart to clue him in after his rant.

Not Wilco, but at a very small street/music festival in Annapolis, I heard the strains of "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" being performed and I rushed over to see who it was. Turns out it was a lone guy...WITH A DUDE MIMING ALONG TO THE SONG.

Not Wilco, but at a very small street/music festival in Annapolis, I heard the strains of "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" being performed and I rushed over to see who it was. Turns out it was a lone guy...WITH A DUDE MIMING ALONG TO THE SONG.

like this?