Wilco heard while you're out and about

Since my best friend was at this show and he is an electrical engineer and somehow illiterate when it comes to torrents, I downloaded this show today.

Very nicely, the taper Prof Peabody, indexed the snippet/tag of Far, Far Away as a stand alone track. I put it up on sendspace for those that want to hear it.

It's actually much clearer quality than that video. So much more clearer that you can make out a bit more lyrics from the tune.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tx9qqp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

Saw this while zipping through downtown Indy on I-65.

I figure this is the place where the guys get all their gear (guitars, picks, stage equipment, tour bus decor, etc)

That's awesome.

I'm not sure this counts, since I was the one playing Wilco. But here goes: I teach high school literature, and tonight was our Parent Mini-Night, which allows parents to experience an abbreviated version of their child's daily schedule, as if they were in school, too. I usually have music on in the classroom, so I had it playing tonight, too. After one of the classes, a dad came up and said, "Are you a Wilco fan?" (One of the songs in the rotation was "Sunken Treasure.") He explained that he was a big fan all the way from the UT days, so we had a great three-minute conversation about UT, Wilco, Golden Smog, etc. In the back of my mind, I thought his kid is totally getting ten bonus points.

Just heard Wilco in the movie "A Ghost Town" with Ricky Gervais...bad movie good Wilco!!!

Well, Wilco must have a pipeline straight into bad movies.

Embarrassed to admit I saw "I hope they Serve Beer in Hell" and even more embarrassed Wilco liscensed "Either Way" for a touching (not even close) scene near the end when Tucker is pondering all the horrible things he has done in his life.

Probably mentioned earlier in this monster of a thread, but I've heard "Passenger Side" in How I Met Your Mother. They seem to have lots of good music in the show. I've noticed "Thirteen" by Big Star and "Here Comes A Regular" by the Mats before as well.

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but my wife told me she heard Impossible Germany while walking thru Big Lots.

Big Lots?? Sheesh!

I'm not sure if anybody shares my reaction but that was at least a minor freak out to me. :omg

Well, Wilco must have a pipeline straight into bad movies.

Embarrassed to admit I saw "I hope they Serve Beer in Hell" and even more embarrassed Wilco liscensed "Either Way" for a touching (not even close) scene near the end when Tucker is pondering all the horrible things he has done in his life.

Yikes. I developed a minor interest in "I Hope..." because my daughter was attending some preview for it, and I'd never heard of the book or the movie. I picked up the book and almost plowed through...haven't quite gone back for those last few pages. Anyway...I'm not easily offended, so I can take or leave all the episodes in the Tucker Max philosophy. But shoe-horning "Either Way" into this crap-fest...THAT offends me. Thanks for the warning.