Wilco heard while you're out and about

Don't know if this counts since it's me playing them, but my wife and I just opened up a Sandwich Shop (Sky Blue Sky Sandwich Company Ltd.) in Toronto, Ontario and not only are the sandwiches named after their songs, but every 15 minutes you're pretty much guaranteed to hear a Wilco song.

Sadly, we've been opened up a few days and not one person has come in and said anything about the Wilco theme. How can no one ask "Why did you name your deviled egg salad sandwich 'Hell Is Chrome?'" Hopefully I can make some people into Wilco converts.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

Impossible Germany in Remke's, a local grocery chain. Felt like I was in the video. Felt a sudden urge to juggle some cans of Northern beans and while smoking a cigar. Fortunately my sensible side took over and I just decided to lay a long passionate kiss on the 70 somethin deli lady, is that normal?

Has anyone else noticed the ad for the Rhapsody iPhone app that has the drops of water that show album covers inside the drops. The very first one is YHF, which quickly recedes to the back and is replaced by a deluge of other albums, none of which are nearly as clearly visible.

Hey All,

I was out at my local Uno in Nashua, NH 2 Wednesdays in a row between 11p.m. EST & 1a.m.

I heard @12:30a.m. last week What Light which was amazing because some song before that got the bartender to turn the sound up.

Tonight to my surprise @12:30 they played Airline To Heaven.

Kristofor

I'm 100% sure it is satellite radio.

Any Brits here watch Hollyoaks? (Really bad teen soap for those who don't know it) :blush

Oh, the joys of fatherhood have introduced me to some 'great' TV!

Well, they played two Wilco songs on there a week or two ago!! Everlasting Everything and Solitaire if I remember rightly...

This was followed by Billy Bragg's version of Tracks Of My Tears opening Holby City!!

Shocking TV, but great music!

In Athens, GA tonight at the 40 Watt club. Waiting for drivin' n' cryin to play...

While dnc set up the house music was Wilco (the album) they played nearly the whole album...

That was really kool :thumbup

Heard "Impossible Germany" when I went into some weird grocery store in Gatlinburg.

When was that? Maybe a week ago last Sunday? Oct. 11th?

I also heard it in a grocery store in Sheboygan Wi. I was in the fruit and nuts section. I found a speaker and stood under it tapping my foot. People gave me weird looks.

...but maybe that was because I was naked...

Other than occasionally on the CBC ("Radio Two Morning" with Tom Allen or "Radio Two Drive" with Rich Terfry) sadly, I've never heard Wilco "out and about" in Vancouver. Unfortunately, when I have it's been "You and I." Far from one of my faves but one that my husband feels is groundbreaking enough to call me up at work so that he can hold the phone up to the kitchen radio for me to listen to. Every time.

Not sure if this is applicable to this thread -- but our local newspaper is profiling the candidates for mayor, and listing some of their special likes. Today's candidate included Wilco on his list, and his comments indicated that his interest was fairly legitimate. (Not just one of those people posing as a Wilco fan because of all the incumbent glory.) He also listed "The Wire" and "Battlestar Galactica," two more of my own passions. Luckily I live outside the city, or I'd have a real dilemma. The guy's a Republican....

This combines the Out and about thing with the you know you're obssessed wih Wilco thing -- Today, FUV played Bull Black Nova as I was driving home. And, whenever the DJ said "Wilco" or "Jeff Tweedy", I went "WHOOO -- HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" rather loudly. And I realized I do that every time I hear Wilco on the radio, and then the DJ says, "That was Wilco (WHOOOOOO-HOOOOO)The Song off Wilco's (WHOOOOOO-HOOOOO) latest CD, Wilco (WHOOOOOO-HOOOOO)the Album. Jeff Tweedy (WHOOOOOO-HOOOOO)of Wilco (WHOOOOOO-HOOOOO) said that Wilco (WHOOOOOO-HOOOOO) the Album ...." You get the picture