Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

After the Friday night poker game, me and 3 buddies hit Bell's Eccentric Cafe to catch Sweet Japonik, a local band. They ended their first set with an epic cover of Kingpin. It may have been the two Java Stouts, but damn, you never have heard Kingpin until you have heard a Kalamazoo GR jam band do a 15 minute cover of a Wilco classic.

"You and I" at the grocery store today.

Should we change this thread to: "Wilco heard while you're out and about, except at the grocery?"

Obviously they are getting decent play-time in the supermarket industry.

I too just heard it at my local grocery store! :yes

After the Friday night poker game, me and 3 buddies hit Bell's Eccentric Cafe to catch Sweet Japonik, a local band. They ended their first set with an epic cover of Kingpin. It may have been the two Java Stouts, but damn, you never have heard Kingpin until you have heard a Kalamazoo GR jam band do a 15 minute cover of a Wilco classic.

:thumbup :rock :dancing

I saw the Neko Case show in Boston last night. Between the opening band (John and Joey from Calexico) and Neko's set, the theater played Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It got all the way to Poor Places before Neko came on.

i was showing up in this thread to make the same post. :D

man, Neko was fired up about the promoter. i tried to do some sleuthing to find out the root of the matter but my source told me that joey and john didn't know what it was.

good show though!

i was showing up in this thread to make the same post. :D

man, Neko was fired up about the promoter. i tried to do some sleuthing to find out the root of the matter but my source told me that joey and john didn't know what it was.

good show though!

Yup - she was pretty pissed off. One of the guys I went with knows Joey and we talked with him after the show but, as you noted, he didn't know anything. He said there was a band meeting to work something out but since he and John aren't part of the band they weren't included.

I thought it was a great show. I never get tired of her voice.

Did you take pictures?

Yup - she was pretty pissed off. One of the guys I went with knows Joey and we talked with him after the show but, as you noted, he didn't know anything. He said there was a band meeting to work something out but since he and John aren't part of the band they weren't included.

I thought it was a great show. I never get tired of her voice.

Did you take pictures?

i'll be doing a writeup w/ some photos, but i was only approved to take shots of Calexico, and not Neko. :(

i'll be doing a writeup w/ some photos, but i was only approved to take shots of Calexico, and not Neko. :(

I know tinnitus and I are hijacking this thread but here is what today's Globe said about Neko being pissed off:

"When Neko Case finally stalked on stage at the Wilbur Theatre the other night, she was upset. “We were having a fight with the promoter, and I could not be angrier right now,’’ she told the crowd. Case was perturbed because the marquee outside the venue was blank. “You wouldn’t even know there was a show,’’ she fumed. The singer-songwriter quickly recovered and put on a stellar show. Afterward, she spent some time with Peter Wolf, on whose forthcoming CD she sings. Wolf arranged to have victuals from Via Matta delivered to the band’s bus."

I don't recall if I posted this in here before, but I heard What Light and Airline To Heaven at my local Uno's in Nashua, NH two Wednesdays in a row at the same exact time. 12:30a.m.

Definitely satellite radio. Or a sign from God.

• 2 weeks later...