Wilco heard while you're out and about

"Outtasite (Outta Mind)" during the Hockey Night in Canada pre-game show last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCviTjypIQ

Now that was pretty freaking cool.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

Kamera in Outback Steakhouse. I noticed it while our waiter was there, and it sparked a conversation. Turns out he got into Wilco a few months ago, and according to him "They play like three songs from Yankee, it's the only decent music on the list, and it often gets me through my shift."

Kamera in Outback Steakhouse. I noticed it while our waiter was there, and it sparked a conversation. Turns out he got into Wilco a few months ago, and according to him "They play like three songs from Yankee, it's the only decent music on the list, and it often gets me through my shift."

This wasn't in MA was it? That sounds like a friend of mine that works at Outback, although he got into Wilco 3 years ago. He's heard Secret Of The Sea, Heavy Metal Drummer, I'm The Man Who Loves You, California Stars, You Never Know, & I'm Always In Love on the Outback satellite radio.

• 3 weeks later...

Just head One Wing at Big Boy (faintly) ...... my daughter said "dad is that Wilco" then laughed at me for staring at the ceiling like that was going to help me hear better

"Box Full of Letters" was playing at Lowe's Foods in Raleigh, NC yesterday. It was a welcome treat to an otherwise ordinary shopping trip.

heard this song at the Whole Foods in Cary the other day. I think it was preceded by Son Volt. a few days later, they were playing Too Far Apart when I was making my rounds.

I spend more money when Wilco is playing over store speakers and I'm certain Whole Foods knows this, that's why they always pop-in the A.M. disc when I enter the store :music

Went to see the Heartless Bastards on Monday night in Milwaukee. The pre-show house music included 5 consecutive songs from Summerteeth: "Can't Stand It," "She's a Jar," "Shot in the Arm," "Via Chicago," and "We're Just Friends."

(There were also similar runs from Dawes and Deer Tick.)

'You and I' last Thursday afternoon at a Friendly's in MA.

I, of course, got WICKED excited when I heard it! My oldest daughter, 14, looked at me and said "You're JUST noticing it NOW?!?"...lol

• 4 weeks later...

heard this song at the Whole Foods in Cary the other day. I think it was preceded by Son Volt. a few days later, they were playing Too Far Apart when I was making my rounds.

I spend more money when Wilco is playing over store speakers and I'm certain Whole Foods knows this, that's why they always pop-in the A.M. disc when I enter the store :music

Oh, they know. Someone I used to know called Whole Foods "Whole Paycheck."

Ask me about the name I have in my head for BB&T. (regional bank, for those unaware.)

• 4 weeks later...

It shouldn't be that surprising to hear Wilco in a music store but I was just at Newbury Comics in Cambridge (MA) and they had disc one of Being There playing.

That would've surprised me, too, considering that store is usually playing Coheed & Cambria or some shit.

I heard 'You & I' at a wedding reception last weekend.