Wilco heard while you're out and about

Heard "Hate it Here" blasting from a radio as I walked past a crew working on a house. Took that as a sign that I should buy my plane ticket to Solid Sound and did just that!

Heh...you're more likely to hear Lo Muncho Que Te Quero passing by a construction site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

Maybe on this already but too lazy to look back:

On How I Met Your Mother, Ted said he had the new Wilco CD to lure girls up to his apartment. When he got there Barney broke the CD. At the very end they played Passenger Side for like 30 seconds.

I've heard Wilco at Starbucks and Barnes & Noble.

Wilco is often played at Being There, a lovely little coffee house owned by a friend of mine! :music

The most surprising place I've heard Wilco is at Hy-Vee grocery store (any other rural Midwesterners here?!). For a long time Hy-Vee used to play alt music, you know, how grocery stores play background music. Wilco, Josh Rouse, the Shins, etc. Then one day Hy-Vee switched to bad 70s radio tunes (BTO--WTF?). Then it went to 80s pop and now some more recent stuff is mixed in, including Coldplay. (Sorry for the digression there).

"One Wing" at a Hannaford grocery store in Yarmouth, Maine, yesterday afternoon.

I heard "One Wing" at my local grocery store Friday night (Food Lion in Hillsborough, NC). I heard it a year ago at the local Home Depot, too.

Slightly off-topic: Sunday afternoon I heard Son Volt "Medicine Hat" at a Lowes Foods in Raleigh, NC.

"One Wing" at a Hannaford grocery store in Yarmouth, Maine, yesterday afternoon.

Heard it at my local Food Lion grocery store. Whoever makes grocery store mixes, he/she must like "One Wing"

I heard "One Wing" at my local grocery store Friday night (Food Lion in Hillsborough, NC). I heard it a year ago at the local Home Depot, too.

Slightly off-topic: Sunday afternoon I heard Son Volt "Medicine Hat" at a Lowes Foods in Raleigh, NC.

I heard it in my local Food Lion as well. (Columbia, SC)

Heard "Pot Kettle Black" in a Which Wich sandwich shop in Columbia, SC today. Never was a big fan of that song, but boy did it sound good! I think it's time to revisit YHF, which I haven't listened to in probably 5 years.

I was just reading the book Compass of Pleasure by David Linden which is about the pleasure centers of the brain and addiction. I was hardly expecting a brief discussion of tweedy. It was about how after he quit drugs he became addicted to running and ended up with two fractured legs.

I heard it in my local Food Lion as well. (Columbia, SC)

They must have a standard mix. I mean, Wilco in Columbia? Really? B)

I heard "Forget the Flowers" last night in Raleigh at a Lowes Foods...the same one where I heard "Medicine Hat" a few weeks ago.

They must have a standard mix. I mean, Wilco in Columbia? Really? B)

I heard "Forget the Flowers" last night in Raleigh at a Lowes Foods...the same one where I heard "Medicine Hat" a few weeks ago.

Whatever spreads the music. Don't really care much how. Also heard "Either Way" in my local indy theater.

P.S. Have you ever been to Columbia, SC, and not just for a brief moment?

Whatever spreads the music. Don't really care much how. Also heard "Either Way" in my local indy theater.

P.S. Have you ever been to Columbia, SC, and not just for a brief moment?

Yes, I've got friends and family in Columbia. Other than getting stuck in traffic thanks to a train, I've always had a good time down there.

Yes, I've got friends and family in Columbia. Other than getting stuck in traffic thanks to a train, I've always had a good time down there.

Well the music scene has really picked up in the past 6 years. We just had the new artist "Washed Out" have his Album release party here, he's either somewhere else on the tour as of now or he's back in NYC. Also look up Tori Y Moi and a lesser known band named The Restoration.

p.s. None of these bands sound like Wilco.

p.s.s. God Damn Those Trains!!! I going to be an insomniac before I move out this town.

I Might-89.7 WNKU Northern Kentucky. I had it about as loud as my truck can handle. Brings up a discussion(not that this song is one of them but) songs you might skip over if they come up on random on the Ipod but when they come across the radio dial it makes your day.

• 3 weeks later...

"One Wing" in Publix today. Don't particularly care for the song, but it's still a thrill to hear Wilco in the grocery store. I had a Wilco t-shirt on, too, so it felt even more serendipitous. Can't WAIT for next month's shows and The Whole Love...it's like Christmas is coming, only better - I know I'm going to like my presents!