Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

I don't know if this counts or not but I was on an Air Canada flight yesterday and on the TV service, there was a show called "Impact" which I guess is a series about songs that "changed the world" so to speak. The subject song was "I Wanna Be Sedated" and Jeff was interviewed. He referred to punk music as "a 1,000 voices screaming no together resulting in one resounding yes" or something to that effect. He also said in 1978, everybody wanted to be The Ramones but didn't know how.

• 3 weeks later...

Not heard, but read. The new issue of National Geographic has a short piece on the relationship between a song's tempo and its effect on athletic performance while working out. There is a chart showing different songs, their tempo (BPM), and different activities. The chart includes REM's Everybody Hurts at the slow end (63 BPM), the White Stripes' Rag and Bone at the high end (193 BPM), and Outtasite (Outta Mind) somewhere in the middle at 130 BPM.

This past Thursday, on The Daily Show, Jason Sudeikis was the guest, and Jon was asking him about who were some of his favorite musical guests on SNL. He first mentioned U2, but followed that up with saying how one of his personal favorites was Wilco, and how excited he was when he saw they were going to be on the show. He said that he and Seth Myers are big fans, and Jon nodded and said, "Jeff Tweedy, sure". It was kind of cool to see our boys get a name check during the interview, and to hear that the cast of SNL are fans. (I know this doesn't exactly fit in this thread, but it wasn't quite worth starting a whole new thread.)

Starbucks, New York, in a two hour period: Capitol City, You Are My Face, Born Alone and Jeff Tweedy's version of Simple Twist of Fate

Then, that same day I went into Brooklyn and more Wilco ensued. I'm the Man Who Loves You at some bar.

Then today, I heard How to Fight Loneliness at Union Pool bar in Brooklyn.

Oh and last week Manhattan Chipotle: California Stars

Wilco have taken over Gotham City (or Starbucks).

This thread is the Law & Order of Via Chicago. It's gone on a hell of a lot longer than could have been imagined. Kudos, folks!

Wait, so, who's our version of Jerry Orbach and when is our version of Mariska Hargitay taking a maternal leave?