Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

Jules?

Wait a minute...didn't Jerry Orbach die?

Don't know if any other Chicago Bears fans caught this but during the 1st quarter of Sunday night's game against the Vikings the first 10-15 seconds of "Monday" were played as they cut to commercial. I thought I was hearing things and then laughed because it wasn't quite Monday yet. Still happy to hear Wilco anytime.

Yes. Point?

Well...Jules isn't dead (as far as I know), so he probably couldn't be Jerry Orbach. That and Jerry Orbach was a broadway song and dance man at heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...Jules isn't dead (as far as I know), so he probably couldn't be Jerry Orbach. That and Jerry Orbach was a broadway song and dance man at heart.

Oddly enough, I had a dream about Jerry Orbach Saturday night. He was singing the National Anthem at a sporting event (don't know if it was a World Series Game or what). He did the vocal gymnastics stuff like Mariah Carey.

It was odd.

The Whole Love--pretty much the whole album--while everyone was getting settled into their seats at a Sunday morning film viewing/discussion. My friends, who all think I've gone around the bend about this group, were giving me the raised eyebrows when I was telling them, "Listen. .. listen!"

The film was excellent, by the way--Margin Call.

My wife and I were watching the TV show New Girl tonight, and one of the characters had a Wilco poster in his bedroom, prominently featured. He also had a Black Keys poster on his door, and poked fun at Steve Miller in a line of dialogue.

My wife and I were watching the TV show New Girl tonight, and one of the characters had a Wilco poster in his bedroom, prominently featured. He also had a Black Keys poster on his door, and poked fun at Steve Miller in a line of dialogue.

I had that episode DVR'd and just watched it. Boy, you have sharp eyes. Was the poster the red flowery looking one behind his bed? That was the only thing that looked familiar to me.

• 2 weeks later...

House music in between bands at the Tralf in Buffalo, NY last night was, in order...

Candy Floss, IATTBYH, Summerteeth, I'm Always in Love, Pieholden Suite, Jesus, etc, and Can't Stand It.

I wanted to give whoever was in charge a big hug. Made my night - and the bands were great too!