Wilco heard while you're out and about

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I Got You" was heard on this morning's Morning Joe.

"Box Full of Letters" when I turned on the car this morning.  WEHM, 92.9 out of the end of Long Island, just strong enough for me to get it here on the CT shoreline and listen to on the way to work and then it's gone.  They play Wilco regularly.  It's what good commercial radio once was...  Also so a "Welcome to Solid Sound" sticker on a car near the New Haven Green Easter morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Louie last night and they had preview for a new sitcom show on FX called Married and they were playing I MIght during the promo.  I think it may be the "Theme Song" to the show...we will see.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read that Richard Linklater's new film, Boyhood, will feature Hate It Here on the soundtrack. There's very good buzz on this film. Linklater filmed it over 12 years, following the young boy from age 6 to 18. It also stars Ethan Hawke.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Burren in Davis Square last night and there was an acoustic bluegrass/folk band playing in the corner.  At one point they played a nice version of Sky Blue Sky.  

Oh man, I miss The Burren. That sounds nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since the Balto/DC shows I have been pretty fully consumed by all things Tweedy. So I what I was putting out there came right back at me this week, when I heard a snippet from Spiders playing at the end of NPR's The Takeaway, and then heard I Might on the radio on the way to work this morning. I really cannot bear to entertain the suggestions on this board that Wilco might be almost finished.... :(

• 3 weeks later...

No heard, but just read in a Stephen book called "From a Buick 8":

As I stepped out, the Bel Air rolled slowly toward the driveway with one of the groups Ned likes--Wilco, or maybe The Jayhawks--blaring from the custom speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read that Richard Linklater's new film, Boyhood, will feature Hate It Here on the soundtrack. There's very good buzz on this film. Linklater filmed it over 12 years, following the young boy from age 6 to 18. It also stars Ethan Hawke.

Anyone else see this yet?  Amazing film.  Hate it Here (as well as a Tweedy track) definitely on the soundtrack.  There's a scene where Ethan Hawke and his son are listening to Hate it Here on the radio driving down a highway and he's explaining the song to him and praising the production.  Cool scene.