Wilco heard while you're out and about

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

At a Strand of Oaks show last weekend, Pat Finnerty (who now plays guitar for Strand of Oaks and also does the “Why This Song Stinks” podcast) opened the show for SoA by playing random covers that the

Posted Images

Anyone else see this yet?  Amazing film.  Hate it Here (as well as a Tweedy track) definitely on the soundtrack.  There's a scene where Ethan Hawke and his son are listening to Hate it Here on the radio driving down a highway and he's explaining the song to him and praising the production.  Cool scene.

Excellent movie will also mention when he walked into his dorm room in the last scene "Summer Noon" is playing

Excellent movie will also mention when he walked into his dorm room in the last scene "Summer Noon" is playing

It's very quiet in that scene, but unmistakable.  Bonus: If you stay through the end credits of Boyhood, "Summer Noon" plays in its entirety as the final featured song.

It's very quiet in that scene, but unmistakable.  Bonus: If you stay through the end credits of Boyhood, "Summer Noon" plays in its entirety as the final featured song.

I saw this movie for the second time last week and was even more blown away by its brilliance. Once you get past the high concept of watching the actors actually aging over 12 years, the honesty, truth and insight of the scenes sink in with even more impact. I don't think I've ever seen a movie that moved me personally as much as this one did. What an honor for Jeff and Spencer to be on the soundtrack of a masterwork like this!

I'm normally a stay-through-the-credits person but when we saw this yesterday my wife and I noticed one of our crazy neighbors and her crazy boyfriend were also in the theater so we left as soon as the credits began to roll. 

• 2 weeks later...

"You and I " at the supermarket, it made me happy, but honestly, I like this song the least of all Wilco songs. One day I want to walk in to trader joes and hear, like, summerteeth. That will be a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Wilco - but UT.

I was in a coffee shop this morning that I have not been in for a while. When I was standing there Fatal Wound started playing over the sound system. It turns out the owner is a big UT fan. So we stood there and talked about music for a while. Fatal Wound happens to be one of my very favorite Jeff songs of all time. 

Not Wilco - but UT.

I was in a coffee shop this morning that I have not been in for a while. When I was standing there Fatal Wound started playing over the sound system. It turns out the owner is a big UT fan. So we stood there and talked about music for a while. Fatal Wound happens to be one of my very favorite Jeff songs of all time. 

Mine too. Hardly anyone ever seems to throw that one out there when talking about that record, or Jeff's songs in general.

That's a good story, A-man.  Not too long ago I was in a hardware store, and the clerk noticed my Uncle Tupelo T-shirt.  He said his dad was from St. Louis, and that's why he knew about the band.  I wear that shirt a lot, but that's the only time anyone ever said anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Not heard but seen in the September issue of Smithsonian magazine in an araticle titled "One Wave or Another."  The theme of the issue is "waves" and the article is about musical trends, framed around a quote from Neil Young's "Rapid Transit": Every wave is new unti it breaks."

Not heard but seen in the September issue of Smithsonian magazine in an araticle titled "One Wave or Another." The theme of the issue is "waves" and the article is about musical trends, framed around a quote from Neil Young's "Rapid Transit": Every wave is new unti it breaks."

Is that also a Wilco lyric? I don't recognize it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...