Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The young girl in Don’t Let Go has a dog named Wilco. The film was directed by Jacob Aaron Estes who also directed Mean Creek which featured Pot Kettle Black. She calls out for him quite a few times, so I know it wasn’t my imagination.

• 1 month later...

I had to visit the dentist for a crown this afternoon. During the portion where they had to drill out the cavity, between bursts of drilling sounds I heard the unmistakeable groove of 'Everyone Hides'. Just as I got excited there was more drilling. It was like the 'Less Than You Think' remix of the song.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to hear Wilco every time I left the house when I was living in a 98+% white neighborhood in the late stages of gentrification.

Since moving two years ago to an area that is much more diverse, probably majority black, and far less affluent, I have not heard Wilco a single time.  

That's not surprising in the least, but what is interesting to me is that I work next to a college campus, and I have never heard Wilco when I go out for lunch or coffee.  Wilco seems like it'd be a happy medium between college students and office workers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just heard love is everywhere (beware) in a Corona commercial. On tv. On account of I’m still not hardly going out. On account of the virus. 

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...